Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 03:50 PM   #71
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by madjim:
First off they are American movies about American people for American audiences. Notice anything here?
Wow... that's a crazy thought.. I could have sworn I've seen American war movies advertised and shown over here.
Must have been drinking too much of that cold beer they don't serve here either. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-13-2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]
Old 01-13-2003, 03:59 PM   #72
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

There was a funny British joke about how they drink warm beer. "Why do we drink warm beer? Cause Lucas made the refrigerator!" [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyway, back to the original topic, Australia would have a very hard time winning because Canada is so big (geographically), and both countries have small armies. Hundreds of thousands of square kilometres just empty except for rocks and dirt and trees if it is below the treeline.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:04 PM   #73
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well- Oz isn't very dissimilar there- it is largely uninhabited, but where Canada is mostly big blocks of ice and abandoned old freezers, Australia is full of open desert and crushed beer can plains.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:35 PM   #74
Charlie
Lord Ao

If Canada and Australia went to war...

In a beautiful pea green boat,
One would take honey and one would take money,
But neither would stay afloat.

Oops, methinks me feels the grog kicking in......

P.S. Talthyr....Err, nice sig, I think I seen it before. Can I drill you about this?

[ 01-13-2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-13-2003, 06:47 PM   #75
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion437:
The cause of the war would either by Soccer, or Beer.
But you people are delusional... The Germans make the best beer! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Making sure we dont start a war on two fronts let me make this clear. Germany does brew the best beer,(whoops belgium has just declered war) Canada and Australia make very good beer its just that it's so hot down here, 35C as i type, We ozzy's get to drink a lot more of it!
while Australia and Canada are waging war can we make sure that someone stays behind and guards the brewaries. We dont want them Septics from north of the mexican border getting hold of real beer while our backs are turned

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-14-2003, 07:41 AM   #76
Grungi
Banned User

my money would be on the mountain bears, grizzlies and pumas of canada to beat the everliving poo out of the kangaroos, koalas and dingoes of austrailia [img]smile.gif[/img]

and in a fight native indians vs aborignies, id plump for the boomerang option

so a 1-1 tie on native populations and animals [img]tongue.gif[/img]
resident populations id have to go with the ex-convicts vs the peaceloving, marijuana smokin (topical, topical! not an insult or generalisation) canadians so:

2-1 to the aussies [img]smile.gif[/img]

as for the armed forces? bah forget the armed forces, not as much fun as the other possiblities [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 06:50 PM   #77
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
That's quite a conforting thought. Does Indonesia know this?
I assume they do. Don't know for sure though.

Are there any two more unlikely countries to go to war?

New Zealand and Greenland perhaps?

[ 01-14-2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 01-14-2003, 07:44 PM   #78
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
That's quite a conforting thought. Does Indonesia know this?
I assume they do. Don't know for sure though.

Are there any two more unlikely countries to go to war?

New Zealand and Greenland perhaps?
[/QUOTE]How about England and Argentina! And what would be the country least likely to have a civil war.... how about FIJI! The peaceful Fijian holiday destination would never have a civil coup or anything would it?

In all seriousness, I remember hearing a computer determined the place in the world least likely to ever experience a war. The answer was the Falkland Islands.

So I'll take a plunge and suggest that Moravia and Laos would be very unlikely to go to war against each other. Otherwise I'd suggest Jamaica and Papua New Guinea.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-14-2003, 08:15 PM   #79
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
my money would be on the mountain bears, grizzlies and pumas of canada to beat the everliving poo out of the kangaroos, koalas and dingoes of austrailia [img]smile.gif[/img]

and in a fight native indians vs aborignies, id plump for the boomerang option

so a 1-1 tie on native populations and animals [img]tongue.gif[/img]
resident populations id have to go with the ex-convicts vs the peaceloving, marijuana smokin (topical, topical! not an insult or generalisation) canadians so:

2-1 to the aussies [img]smile.gif[/img]

as for the armed forces? bah forget the armed forces, not as much fun as the other possiblities [img]smile.gif[/img]
Review previous posts regarding Tasmainian Devils. I belive the pumas + bears developed tree climbing abilities in case war broke out

regarding our aborignies they probably would not win an offensive battle but gee talk about surviving in their own backyard....
Even the poms (English) dropped nukes on them (TRUE)and they still survive in the surrounding desert. [img]graemlins/stunned.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-15-2003, 08:22 AM   #80
Grungi
Banned User

hehe my money would be on a puma over a tasmanian devil, got size advantage and only marginally lacking in ferocity.
not talking about the city or village dwelling aboringines, talking about the few remaining fully native ones, they are very skilled hunters and im guessing pretty good warriors still as well, whereas in canada now all the natural indians i think dont have their own reservations, so are pretty much westernised.

btw "poms" is a deregatory racist comment, im from uk [img]tongue.gif[/img] not that i care particularly (still yet to hear a good insult for the english, were uninsultable, woohoo [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) , but be careful with saying things like that or the moderators will rearend you [img]tongue.gif[/img]