Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2002, 12:17 AM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Would you guys say this is one of those CRPG's that is strictly PC, or would it bold well on the XBox? I know the PC version has a few glitches, and my comp is not entirely up-to-date, I was just wondering if it would be hard to handle on my XBox..
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 12:34 AM   #2
Goumindong
Manshoon

best bet is the xbox.

PC's are nice, but this game ought to be easily be controled on a controller. The other nice thing about consoles is that they are all the same, which means you will get the best sound/video possible. which is better than it would be on a comperable PC, becasue they can tweak them.

Go with Xbox for now is what i say, you shouldnt have many problems.
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 04:22 AM   #3
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

the xbox also doesnt freeze like the pc sometimes does.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 07:26 AM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think the pc version is a better choise because there will be many nice thing to come like mod`s and so on and that can you not use on an X-Box from Micro$oft!
And the "freezing" problem will be fixed in the next patch!!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 02:01 AM   #5
Disciple
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It depends on your PC. If your stuck with a PII 450 and a TNT2 card then yea I'd say get the Xbox version if you have the console. If you have a good PC then I'd say get that version. It will look great, you can play at higher resolutions, and of course the plug-ins and such that will be made availible add to its value. I guess they could do some stuff for the Xbox when MS gets its online gaming network going but nothing has been mentioned yet.

[ 06-10-2002, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: Disciple ]
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:57 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Depends on your PC system, and graphic card.
Also the game itself is typical interface based so a PC is nice for that..

Also you will miss all the wonderous little plugins and the add ons that people do!

I was a bit tired of all the walking around and downloaded a plugin that increased the walking speed with 25% for everything in the game. no more daydreamers

And what you talking about not being able to tweak the PC version???
The Sb cards have special plugins for the game making the music, and yes the official extra soundplugin sounds like a plugin to me. NAd my GeForce 4 card can take full live shadows and everything. I would say I can tweak more than you!

But as mentioned above. If you have an older PC and not interested in making to much of your own additions to the game, go for X-box version. If you have a preffty new PC with a GeForce 3 card.. Get the PC version!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:48 AM   #7
Rokenn
Galvatron

Got the XBox version on Friday. Having played it and the PC version I can safly say they did a great job porting it over. The only 2 things I have found the XBox not to have is, of course, access to all the fun mods there are for the PC version already, and there are no quick keys on the XBox controller . Other then that I have been having a blast playing the XBox version. Much more comfy kicking back on the coach, then having to sit at my desk [img]smile.gif[/img] Plus I can route the sound through my stero system, giving much better sound.

Also there is the possiblity of updates for the XBox version. In the latest XBox mag the game disk in it had an update for Dead or Alive 3, so it is possible they could release a 'Best of' mod collection for it sometime in the future.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:16 AM   #8
JohnRR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Like the other guy that posted I have both versions. I've always been a big PC fan and swore off consoles until the Xbox came out. When it came out it was 300 bucks for the game system (now down to 199), that also let me play DVDs and could run some great looking games on my 60 inch RCA. Like most people I got it for Halo. That damn game alone was worth the cash I dropped. But after playing the PC version of Morrowind on my Alienware Area-51 rig with a 2.0 Ghz and a G4 Ti 4400 I'll take the Xbox version. The interface runs good, plus it's a hell of a lot better sitting in my recliner in front of the big screen and good sound system than at my office desk looking at a small 19 inch screen. The graphics aren't as detailed but there's not as many slowdowns and glitches I've seen in the PC version. So for all you diehard PC fans out there more power to ya. For me I play what works and not roped into the clone thinking out there nowadays that consoles suck. And for this game (believe me to my suprise) the Xbox version comes out on top.
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 10:31 AM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

WELCOME TO IRONWORKDS JON RR

well im going to get it for the X box because there's no online multiplayer and I can always download mods with the X box modem, it's got a 40-80 gig hard drive after all...

SAY i've got a good idea for a poll, if you have an X-box, what is you X-boxe's name?

Mine's name is Cupid...
Old 07-09-2002, 10:44 AM   #10
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
SAY i've got a good idea for a poll, if you have an X-box, what is you X-boxe's name?

Mine's name is Cupid...
uh, no. i'd advise that you go look around at xbox.com or planetxbox or teamxbox. you have a default name, so asking for others (those who have not played doa3) would only result in the same as yours.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote