Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2000, 01:52 AM   #1
Entreri
Manshoon

When you attack the shadow thief master, there is an assassin that can kill you with only one strike with his throwing dagger I suppose. I stone skin my self, mirror image, blur and whatever protection I may have, he always has the final word. these spells does'nt
work against his attack. I did kill all the others by summoning a pit fiend and only my main character to steal the equipment on the shadow thief master and run for my life by closing the door before the assassin kill me. But, if I do come back in the dock district, he did not forget me and attack without question and kill all my party... again. The only way I founded to last longer is protection VS magical weapon. BUT STILL, he kill me after the spell duration. the same happen if I hack the game by making me resistant to all magical and physical damage or spell. I looked his life stats and I did see him NEAR DEATH status very soon in the fight but never he embrace the floor before I do.

IS THERE A WAY TO KILL THAT BASTARD???
Old 12-23-2000, 02:32 AM   #2
Armisael

No.

Old 12-23-2000, 02:43 AM   #3
Entreri
Manshoon

Why did they make a creature that you cannot kill? I fought Drizzt, Dragons, lichs, Illithids but that damn human with the instant kill dagger is immortal??

that sucks man!!
Old 12-23-2000, 04:10 AM   #4
TLan

Because you are not yet supposed to kill that thief master. Move on with the quest, when time comes you can kill him easily enough without any UberAssassin harassing you.

Though kind of makes me wonder why on earth would Renal need you to smack that Mae'Var, if he has such an assassin at his command heh...

Old 12-23-2000, 05:18 AM   #5
Entreri
Manshoon

Ha! that's a good one .. With a weapon like that who needs a guild? I've just end my game and my goal was to kill the red dragon. Man, I did that in 3 sec with the vorpal blade! I almost reload my game to fight him again and giving him a chance to survive .. But that assassin is now my nemesis .. Because now I can't go to Cromwel (The dwarf that forge legendary weapons) because I have him waiting not so far ... He did kill me to in my slayer form too.. Damn it!
Old 12-23-2000, 05:34 AM   #6
Armisael

Give it up, you can't kill him. His HP won't go below one, for a start, and his sword does +1000 damage. ; )

Old 12-23-2000, 06:04 AM   #7
TLan

SPOILER!
Yes, Armisael tells the truth, the sword that dude has is a killer in every meaning and also his HP wont go below 1. Sword "name" is 'killsw01', though by the looks of it you'd never guess what it actually does. Well, actually it screwes the fun out of the game, what's the point of the game when you can make 1000+ hits..

Kind like a tanner in Bridge District when I was solving the murder quest - my chars were hasted and before he could go down the first stairs he got hit by my main char, who had Celestial Fury. Now that lovely katana also stuns, and so that poor tanner stood on the place and took beating which would have dropped Firkaag.. He finally got down the stairs, only to be pounded on second floor and again, enough time to drop 2 Firkaag's heheh.. But he was still alive and running.

Old 12-23-2000, 06:14 AM   #8
Arak

spoiler
or is it really a spoiler when replying to another spoiler?? oh well just incase.
That Tanner was the first fight that really annoyed me, took me 3 reloads to realise i wasnt gonna kill him there.

Old 12-23-2000, 06:20 AM   #9
TLan

Yeah exactly. I thought that "Aha! I got the murderer, I'll just save the time for the court and smack the evil myself!". You can imagine my dissapointment when no matter how hard and long I beated the guy, it never died. I came then here to ask this question when I saw someone else tell about some other NPC who also was unkillable and that it is meant to be so. Either this NPC is needed later, when you can kill him, or this char is crucial for the whole game and you can't kill it at all.

Remainds me when I just started the BG2 and saw Jailkeep Golem, which to my surprize did not attack me. So I "quietly" took the weapons and attacked it. Well blammer, it didn't get a scratch and didn't attack back, so after 3 minutes of constant beating I gave up - "Guess it needs to stay alive, no big first victory coming from here" heheh..

Old 12-23-2000, 05:05 PM   #10
Entreri
Manshoon

But now the problem with that assassin is that I cannot go to Cromwell or something like that. He can see invisible too. This is bad because I have to start a new game i think 'cause I did not know the consequence of that action. A big price to get the Renal elven chain mail +1.