Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 02:51 AM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

Hit the server tonight, and ended up on the Haunted Isle with pritchke, WOW!!!

Did we ever get a beating! My Barbarian/Blackguard 11/11 get his a$$ handed to him, big time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think we need to get a group together and go take it to the Haunted Isle. Judging by the resistance we encountered, there has got to be some awesome loot! I'm looking for a few pieces to complete a set of armour that I found in the sea cave.

It's been quite some time since I've been on the server, but I'm am REALLY impressed with the quality and challenge of the mod! Great work, Ziroc! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2004, 03:11 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Animal,

Which Set are you looking to collect. My Weimic has been all over undermountain and I would be happy to trade since he has a few items from different sets.

Make sure if your on the haunted isle to take some blunt/crushing weapons, Skeletons don't like them.

Also in the middle of some stones to the right of the island is a nice set of kurikis and in a coffen there is a nice amulet.

I should be on in a few hours (when i get home from work, im in Australia)

Cheers!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

That island was awesome, I have been to level 4 before but it has been the first time brave enough to venture through the sea caves. The boat was a nice addition to the island and a relief as well as I was almost out of healing potions. Animal did most of the work and had to save my bacon several times as my 7/10 Monk/Shadowdancer didn't have the hit points to last long without using run & hide tactics due to the beating the drowned dead and the other critters could dish out.

Animal, It would have been great to play longer but it was 1:00 AM and I had to get up in 5 hours for work. I was going to go to bed earlier but I was having way to much fun. I would definitely like to try the island again with a few more players.

Awesome area Ziroc!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I can't get over the feeling that this masterpiece is still unfinished as there were several buildings I wanted to explore on the island but could not find an entrance to them.

T-D-C I picked up at least some of the loot in the middle of the stones, that is were we were ambushed and I was level drained. Animal had to give me a restoration potion. I belive this may be were I picked up the set of kurikis I found and some other nice loot, I think there was a pile of gold in there as well that my dwarf just couldn't resist grabbing. I am not 100% sure what I picked up what because it wasn't usually long before more undead would be on your back. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 09-08-2004, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Ahh yes the Void Shadow Ambush. Once you can kill them they give you some VERY nice XP.

IIRC the Kurikis are part of the Valas Set ( which i have the Cloak, Amulet, and Kurikis) Still looking for his armour, helmet, boots etc.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

I myself really enjoy the island... If possable and you seeme online.. let me know, I have a cleric that has been over every square inch of the island, She enjoys the fresh sea ait and the tropical setting and would like to build a summer home on one of the plateus.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:34 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I would like to make a little home in that lighthouse.

I am really looking forward to some expansions on the island like being able to enter some of those houses.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:48 PM   #7
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Yea those houses are just begging to be explored... raiding the previous owners personal belongings and such [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2004, 08:48 PM   #8
Animal
Gold Dragon

Was heading over there again when the sever went down!

Ah well, maybe later tonight.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:52 PM   #9
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

I was on the island when the server went down im waiting for the reset
Old 09-09-2004, 02:29 AM   #10
Animal
Gold Dragon

Finally cleaned out the Island and managed to find the key to the small crypt. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Some awesome loot in there!

BTW, Ziroc. The Mummy King didn't put up much of a fight, at least not what I would expect for that much good stuff.