Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #1
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey all, ive been looking over my journal finishing the quests ive got, and ive come accross one that i cant finish. Its got to do with the neverwinter woods. The insane dwarf had a journal, and i read it, but for some reason i didnt take it off his corpse. Now the journal is not in the pool, and i cant get back into the spirit world (i tried)... am i doomed?

[ 09-25-2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: White Lancer ]
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:03 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

No, you're okay. I hope you did at least heal the spirit before you left, which is more important (although not plot-critical). There will be other documentation to find to pinpoint the location of the cult. I sometimes forgot that diary myself.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:36 PM   #3
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks, just so as i dont go running aronud looking for them, where would these other documents be? ive completed all the areas (charwood, neverwinter wood, the caves north of port llast been to two different mage towers) any help would be great. Also, ive got some gems that i cant sell and id like to get rid of them.

[ 09-25-2005, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: White Lancer ]
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:12 AM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

have you gone back to see if you have enough documentation?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:29 AM   #5
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, i need one more.
EDIT: hurray, now i get to be drizzt for a while!

[ 09-26-2005, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: White Lancer ]
Old 09-26-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Some encounters should help you find them.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Are those gems labeled "So-and-so's gem"? If so, there's an elf in the tavern who wants them.

All the docs come from people who try to kill you. My guess is that you still have to meet the half-orc who's out there looking for you. He should have the final piece you need. If no other quests are in your journal, stroll around the countryside; he'll turn up sooner or later. Note that you have to be warned about him first.

Nightowl2
Old 09-27-2005, 12:56 AM   #8
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

hmm, well i havent been warned about him, but i have just killed solomon and his stooges...
Old 09-27-2005, 10:32 AM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Wow, you're pretty far along in the game for Solomon; he usually showed up early in mine. However, that will probably trigger the half-orc now. Check out the tavern, and see if you get any warnings. As I recall, you have to hear about him three times. After that, start walking around the outdoors and he should appear.

Nightowl2
Old 09-27-2005, 10:26 PM   #10
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yeah, normally i get solomon's ring as soon as i get into ch2... tis time, i had done char/nw woods and the caves before he showed up. Then i saw him at the tavern outside luskan, where i won the dungeon crawl thing, then he showed up on a road somewhere and i killed him.

EDIT: as an aside, ive just bought SoU and HotU and im looking at the pale master and wondering... should i add some paleness into my wizard? Just a few questions about the palemaster:
  • is it there just to boost your melee powers?
  • Does it continue to get spells? how fast? how many per level?
  • If you are a level 9 wizard (can cast level 5 spells) if you become a 9wiz/2palemaster will you get access to level 6 spells?
Thanks guys.

[ 09-27-2005, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: White Lancer ]