Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2001, 09:30 PM   #1
BLKCat
The Magister

I just discovered I was still hauling around the Gold Lamp. I had never tried to 'use' it before now, but in trying to do so I discovered nothing happens. No matter who is holding it, nor who is the recepient..."nothing appears" (direct quote!). What am I doing wrong? I assume something should happen with it. I would appreciate any information! Thanks!

BLKCat Slightly Perturbed

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
(Excerpt from "Neverwhere", by Neil Gaiman)
BLKCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:37 PM   #2
Belle Bayard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, you have to 'use' it on an enemy. I tried twice on the Sphinx, but the genie just stood there going "Someone summoned me?" and nothing else happened. I'd be happy if anyone else can tell more about the lamp as well. I already used up 2 charges and have only one left. Can it be recharged?
Belle Bayard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:39 PM   #3
Deco
Dungeon Master

How are you trying to use it?

To use it you must be oudoors.
You have to "USE" it like a key and ctrl+click on another character than the one that is holding the Lamp.

-Deco
Deco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:43 PM   #4
BLKCat
The Magister

I am outdoors Deco, and doing just as you say. I try to CTRL+click on another character ... and I get the response "nothing appears". I am a might confused about it! But, thanks for responding!

BLKCat even more confused!

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
Old 05-27-2001, 09:43 PM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Spoiler Alert: Ok BlkCat, if I remember correctly, this is what you do,
>
>
>
>
<
<
<
<
>
click on person who is carring the lamp, click on the "use" button, scroll to put lamp in use window, then use it on another person like you would use a potion. When the Genie comes, while he is talking, drop the lamp and let another person pick it up and use it again as before. Unsure what the record for uses are, but you can at least get each party one thing this way, maybe more. . .

I hope this helps, if not we can search for threads that have better answers.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:44 PM   #6
Belle Bayard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, I clicked on the Sphinx, not another character in my party before it worked. Try that.
Belle Bayard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:47 PM   #7
BLKCat
The Magister

Thanks for responding mammawlin! The problem being that this is exactly what I have been doing... to no avail! No matter what I do, I get the response "nothing appears". I thought perhaps a certain character had to use it, but obviously not from what you are saying. That darn Genie must be busy elsewhere!

BLKCat Wondering

------------------
Old 05-27-2001, 09:47 PM   #8
Deco
Dungeon Master

BLKCat, I don't know what is happening.
Try dropping it and getting it again or even selling and buying (don't know if it's possible).
Maybe someone else can help.
Deco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:49 PM   #9
BLKCat
The Magister

That is one thing I haven't tried yet Belle... I guess I can try that next. Thanks for your help! It does seem to be highly irregular the way my lamp is acting!

BLKCat getting a wee bit annoyed!

------------------
Old 05-27-2001, 09:56 PM   #10
BLKCat
The Magister

Thanks for your help Deco! I do appreciate it. Everything I am reading after doing a search seems to be the same. It should work the way I am using it... I am VERY confused!

BLKCat Missing the Genie!

------------------