Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2000, 05:26 PM   #1
Lily the Ranger

Just wondering if anyone has a special song that is close to their hearts that they have listened to while destroying the scourge of Gael Serran? Or perhaps while reloading after having their tushes kicked? Ex: I was listening to the soundtrack from Immortal Beloved while trotting around Shurugen Castle and meeting Lysandra. Also, feel free to suggest theme songs for battles, places or generally annoying situations!!!
Old 12-06-2000, 06:03 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I listen to the game music. Not set up at my computer to listen to something else.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 06:13 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Wyv! Your free! Or is this a note in a bottle?

At present I the computer is in the living room (where the Computer Paladin falls asleep in the recliner), so I don't get to listen to the game much. (Must exit game to adjust volume on my system, what a pain). Anyway our cd player is right there.
Old 12-06-2000, 07:09 PM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I usually listen to the in-game music also, I think it's pretty good! However, I will sometimes have The Violent Femmes going. Country Death Song works well with slaughtering those lesbian vampires!
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 08:25 PM   #5
xenotoca

I always turn off any in game music as the repitrepitrepitrepitrepitrepitrepitrepitrepitition gets on my aged nerves. Hmm repitrepit sounds like something Shinwicki would say.
Already stated when dancing around trying to pick things up I now hum "The dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" BACK BOYS not that kind of fairy.
Sometimes put on a CD or tape and despite being a child of the 60`s (is 17 a child ?) much prefer the late 70`s early 80`s like Alan Parsons Project, Santana, Jefferson and Hendrix ect.
so a few suggestion
Mob of monsters attack-----Some came running by Jim Capaldi
Booger Bar-----------------Strange Brew by Cream
Return to town-------------The boys are back in town by Thin Lizzie
Delivering Elerzbettes letter-------Telegram Sam by T.Rex
Realising you missed out an important bit of the dungeon after you have left it. ----Walk Right Back by the Everly Brothers
Surprised by the Amazoni Plants---- No one told me about you by the Zombies
Trying to pick up somthing----- Dance Sister Dance by Santana or Dont stop the Dance by Brian Ferry
Dolls dropped by Gouls in skull castle----- Voodoo child by Jimmy Hendrix
Another chest of rubbish------Fresh Garbage by Spirit
People moaning about the game-------Cant be so Bad by Moby Grape
Accidently firing of a ranged fire spell at the monster in front of you---Youre gonna get your fingers burned by Alan Parsons Project
Dementia cast on all your party------ Crazy by Patsy Cline
Shinwicki wont talk to you-----Why Worry by Dire Strights

COME ON CHAPS AND LADIES WHAT WOULD YOU PLAY AND WERE IN THE GAME WOULD YOU PLAY IT

As for fish and chips Lily I can take em or leave em but a real roast dinner with real roast potatoes (cooked in fat) and yorkshire pudding or real chips not those awful manufactured things sold by those fast food outlets you Americians have exported were everything tastes the same (might as well eat the W&W box)
Old 12-06-2000, 10:09 PM   #6
emilyh
Welcomed New User

The in-game music is usually pretty good -- but I also have the Immortal Beloved soundtrack, and I've listened to it for some other games. Oh and I know it's the wrong genre, but the Imperial March from Star Wars works well with fight scenes.

EmilyH
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 10:13 PM   #7
emilyh
Welcomed New User

A couple of other ideas I just thought of - Duel of the Fates, off the Star Wars Episode 1 soundtrack (obviously for a fight scene), also some of the songs from the Braveheart soundtrack work pretty well too.

EmilyH
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 02:24 AM   #8
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lily: You should be able to adjust the volume of the game music by going into the control panel and selecting sound. The master control on mine doesn't seem to work, but the individual controls do. That's how I turn mine down when other people are around.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 06:42 AM   #9
Lily the Ranger

Thanx, Thoon, I will check that out. Half the time I "can't do something" it is because I have some little box clicked that shouldn't be.

Okay, Xenotoca, I believe you. Yorkshire pudding. Meat and potatoes. Cooked in fat. Yep, that's my English ancestry calling. Instant food is probably one of the WORST timesaving things to ever happen to the human race. Home baked bread. I make fewer bricks and more actual loaves when I have the time. I do maintain that tea time is a wonderful excuse to have cookies.

Please, don't laugh, but I also think the following might be interesting.

I Want to be Where the People Are (from Little Mermaid) for the Stout Mines or Boogre Lair
Running on Empty (Jackson Brown) For those moments you are absolutely stopped.
Bad Moon on the Rise (CCR) for Werewolf and all those nights spent missing important turns because
you can't rest until morning. I can't wait til the weekend to try some revive a few that have been gathering dust.

PS don't get me wrong . . .this game has some good music but I am like xeno and begin to froth at the mouth as I am traveling the same area for the tenth time trying to figure out what I missed. Plus, I like words that play on where I am at. Now my song is "All the Pretty Little Horses"
Old 12-07-2000, 09:25 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Imperial march for fight scenes, got to try that. Need an extra long version, or continuous replay for testing out how hard it could be if say you were really interested in finding out how hard it was (for like an experiment) to take on Erathsmador with swords only.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote