Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2002, 08:35 AM   #11
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Typing the responses, works...but IIRC, they still show up in the 'Talk' list, even if you don't have the book.

That underwater tunnel, is a 'real' pain... .. You have to get it 'just right', to get through. Sometimes it helps, if you select the smallest character in your part, to lead.... but it might be worth a try, to walk backwards. Much later in the game..(in the Cooollasium)...There's one other passage that's just as bad. QA must have got lucky, when they checked the game. It shouldn't be soooo hard...to do something...soooo trivial.

As for the Kegs...like Kev said:
Quote:
I haven't found a use for the kegs & I'm on my 3rd game.
They might of been part of 'Plan A' and weren't finished in the final rush, of 'Plan B.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:50 PM   #12
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the replies, kev and Packrat. It sounds like you might be right about the tapped ale kegs in the Serpent Temple being another unfinished element in the game. Whatever. Yeah, that used to bother me, too, when my Rogue's Traps & Locks skill wasn't up to the challenge of disarming and opening some treasure chests, so, hate me if you want, but I'm using the Character Editor to give him an edge. Of course, there are still plenty of other things to worry about. You say there's another underwater tunnel part in the Collasium go-through? Oh, great. Can that one be bypassed like the Unholy Filth part, or no? I did select my smallest member, a Ratling, when trying to get into the rest of that tunnel, but neither that nor anything else did the trick, and they all always end up drowning where they killed this monster, even though it looks like you're keeping their heads above water. A disturbing thing to witness time and time again. Just typing in the correct responses to the prompts of Xydussa's spirit worked fine. I've completed the Serpent Temple and am back in town, preparing to deliver the wand to Harespia and the amulet to Kerielle before coming back and getting things going on the west side of Ishad N'ha, including the encounter with the Amazoni Mantrap, which, I can assure you, will be a very different ball game this time around. Tally ho!
Sig Segorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:47 AM   #13
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Congrats on finishing the Temple... [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Just for grins... .. ..You might want to try on the 'Evil Mask'..(esp if you have a Ratling...LOL)

Having finished the Temple...You should Keep the amulet...AC + 1, Pro Poison 50% and 4 charges Cure Poison spell...OR...try to sell it and the wand. Kerielle only gies you a potion, to help get past the Naga...and No XP, for doing the quest.

As for the 'Other' underwater adventure...The Coooollasium..(A.K.A. the Collasium)
It's a sunken city. You' ll need, breathers and masks for your party. You get the gear...by collecting shells and selling them to a local shop owner in Brimloch Roon.

Tip #1...(Thanks to Kev).. It's better to try and Steal the shells from the Crab ''o' the Sea...(You have multiple chances) Killing them, you get 1 chance and the shell, is random.

Tip #2...There is also a cheat, for multiple breathers..(by Mikeyg123)..Best Tips

Tip #3...Cast 'Illuminate' any time you find an air pocket...It stays active,underwater... But...can not be cast while submerged.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:20 AM   #14
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Good one with the temple Sig,
That evil mask is a useful item to keep. It is a good helmet if you can stand your charactor looking like that.
All the helmets you have become a bit redundant when you get underwater helmets & enchant them to the max.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:32 PM   #15
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the congrats, Packrat and kev. That WAS a big deal to me to make it through the Serpent Temple. And how 'bout this? . . . I've taken out the 3 Amazoni Mantraps northwest of Ishad N'ha. Even with some cheats, I can't say it was easy. Hard to believe they put a combat scenario like that in there, with all the associated factors that make it even harder, like the band of Scoundrels that tries to engage your party in combat as the terrible Mantraps approach silently behind you. Of course, this happened at sunset, and, while I was cowering and healing my party around the side of Shurugeon Castle in between my ranged attacks on them, I had the distinct impression that sunrise would not come until I had defeated the third and last Mantrap, which is what happened. They don't even let the Reveal spell help you to see them. Makes me glad I'm cheating. Yeah, I thought about keeping Algamesh's Amulet, but decided I'd rather deliver it to Kerielle, since it meant a lot to her and it's nice to hear a heartfelt "Thank you" once in a while. I knew about the extra-strength sleeping potion she gives you in return, but I opted to have my Whiskah Barbarian wear the amulet for the temple and the Xydussa fight, instead. I sold the potion in Valeia. I also wanted to deliver the Serpent Wand to Harespia, to complete the Orb of Clarity guild quest and get the loot in her basement. Plus, she's nice, too, and I love the accent. I should mention that I gave the 5 non-Lizzord members of my party the Snakeskin trait as well with the Character Editor, my female dwarf Priestess-cum-Paladin has the Cure Poison spell, and I bought my Whiskah a Warrior's Stone to wear when he had to relinquish the amulet. I know I have to keep the Masque of Evil for the end of the Shurugeon Castle go-through, but I sold the pretty Serpent Staff. And I don't let any of my characters wear any headgear, because of the look. Oh, I thought you were talking about another underwater tunnel where they had to all just hold their breath. Does the crab shell scuba gear allow them to breathe underwater indefinitely, or just for a little longer?
Old 09-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #16
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

It sounds like you've got a plan, Sig... ...and you're moving right along.

The breathing gear is regular 'Jacque Cousto' issue....I've never drowned. They can't stay down 'indefinitely', but they can stay under for a looooong time. (there are a few air pockets...so it's never a problem)

Now that I think about it...there is another underwater tunnel in the game. It's in an optional dungeon....it wouldn't be optional...If 'Willow' had been on the design team... ...(acutally, I agree...just not for the same reasons) A section of the 'Gauntlet', runs under water. it's realy pretty easy, if you get the timing right.

Anyhow...The adventure continues...Have Fun...and keep us posted.
.. ...........
Old 09-03-2002, 10:30 PM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I didn't know there was a section of the Gauntlet underwater, Packrat. I'll have to keep an eye out for it... should be there by the weekend.

Helmets and breathers both extend your breathing time by something like 50%. Equip them both, and you get a 100% extension. Add in the Iron Lung trait, and it goes up even more. Just look for an air pocket every so often, and away you go!

There's also a side benefit to breathers for those folks into unarmed combat. When equipped with a breather, you will get a second melee attack (if you have that skill, that is). Quite nice for the monks among us.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 10:31 PM   #18
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the reply, Packrat. Yeah, I'm very serious about the game this time around (I had it before, but gave up and gave it away, because of some game-enders like the Mantraps), so Cet better make sure his insurance is paid up, 'cause I'm coming.