Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
MagiK

Has proposed membership in the Eu for Israel [img]smile.gif[/img]
How many of the other members will stand beside him?

Old 05-29-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Isn't Berlusconi a criminal under investigation for fraud or money laundering and corruption including the bribing of Judges?
Old 05-29-2003, 01:21 PM   #3
MagiK

I don't know, I do believehe is the Prime Minister though.
Is that the same as head of his coutry? Why is he able to nominate or
promote a nation for membership?

Old 05-29-2003, 01:36 PM   #4
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Yes indeed, and he shamelessly abuses his party's parliamentary majority and the fact that his "unique" position of controlling almost the entire Italian media (he can exert a great degree of control over the state-controlled media because he is the chief of government and over the private media because he owns most of it) to have the Italian parliament pass one tailor-made legislation after another the only purpose of which very obviously is to prevent or at least obstruct the criminal investigation of those allegiations by the Italian justice system. And he doesn't even shy away from openly abusing his position as prime minister to try to hinder legal proceedings under way against him in other European countries. He is the most despicable and callous "democratic" politician I know and the greatest threat to the rule of law and democracy to arise in any democratic European country in decades. IMO he is especially dangerous, because he does not try to abolish the democratic system but he is turning it into a farce devoid of its true meaning.

As to his proposal to include Israel into the Eu: for me that is debatable - but only after a peaceful resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has been achieved and not before and without Turkey's membership.

[ 05-29-2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Ramon de Ramon y Ramon ]
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 05-29-2003, 01:54 PM   #5
MagiK

Errr Why would you base an Israeli inclusion in the Eu on wether Turkey is in or not? Im a bit loston that point.

Old 05-29-2003, 02:01 PM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Not to answer for Triple Ramon but maybe because Turkey has at least a small piece of land in continental Europe. Better to base Israels inclusion into the EU based on location than the recommendation of a criminal.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:16 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Has proposed membership in the Eu for Israel [img]smile.gif[/img]
How many of the other members will stand beside him?
I think the Netherlands are the last ones to oppose to such a thing. We were the first nation to accept the legitimacy of the state of Israel, so a EU membership won't be too much trouble. Just my guess. I don't see why anyone would oppose to this.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:29 PM   #8
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I don't know for sure, but I think that at this point the EU is meant for European countries, though this might change in the future. [img]smile.gif[/img] I wouldn't have anything against Israel joining the EU. Though they would have to go through all the things other countries did and adapt themselves to the EU rules, fix human rights issues, certain laws, etc., and the Palestinian issue, of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-29-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 05-29-2003, 05:27 PM   #9
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Er, does Israel want to join the EU?
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-29-2003, 05:32 PM   #10
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Er, does Israel want to join the EU?
Hehe, that's a really good point!