Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2004, 12:21 AM   #61
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Well, ladies and gentlemen, it has definately been a long time for me.

So here's the low-down. Earthlink cut off my family's account right before my dad paid the bill. The got the money, and reconnected their end but the phone company never got around to reconnecting their end. So right now we're without our usual DSL connection. I'm working from a 56k modem on a Compaq piece-of-junk that measures its processor speed in MB. Anyways we've been without internet connection for about a week and were on the phone with earthlinks tech support for about 4 hours before they realized what went wrong. Should have dsl back up and running by Thursday midnight. Least that's what they're saying. Anyways just thought I'd check in. Don't wanna spend any more time on this snail than I have to.
Oh yeah, they had us delete this dial up connector called WinPoET with a program called NUKE something-or-other. Now my Linksys connection isn't working right. Any clues? Thanks a ton and I missed ya'll.

P.S. I love what you've done with the place Ziroc. Now I just need to get online with MY computer so all the colors look right. Contrast and brightness are maxed on this monitor and the background still looks black instead of the usual brown.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 01-08-2004, 05:12 AM   #62
Skippy1
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Well its 3am down here Ive just finished work and after 12 hot and sweaty hours you would think i would be ready for bed, but I just feel wired. Oh well I may as well have a beer and enjoy IW for a while. I will probably end up going to bed when my wife and kids wake up
Been there, done that mate. Used to work in a Dairy over here doing 5 and often 6x12hr shifts, changing from nights to days each week. Felt like you were constantly jet lagged. Did that for nearly 8 years until it was starting to look seriously like we were going to get divorced because of it. Work 9-5 now, much better.

Find another job mate, lifes too short.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:50 AM   #63
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Hey everybody - Happy New Year. [img]smile.gif[/img] (And Christmas )

Got back from England a few days ago, so I'm officially "back" on IW!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:06 AM   #64
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

OK! Welcome back mate! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

I came from school. What a shi*y day... I want to die!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:38 AM   #65
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Wow ages since i've been on
yeah i'm still on school holidays
(sorry xen)
it has been pretty good, the only thing i seem to have achieved is going to more parties and sleeping till 3 in the afternoon.
Well soon i will be back at school in year 12 so i will have to study hard so i am considering this as basically by last proper break.

Anyway seems i am going golphing tomorow with hivetyrant and ithiopath...
i've still got a week and a half left of holidays and have still assignments to do so yeah
anyway didn't get a chance to say it before, so happy new year!

edit:typos

[ 01-08-2004, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Intrepid ]
Old 01-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #66
dplax
Jack Burton

I envy you intrepid. We have already restarted university on monday and tomorrow I am going to have a physics exam and of course I should be studying instead of being on IW.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:32 PM   #67
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

hey everyone! i get to drive today! yay! i know i know i've driven before but iw as thinking of dragging the kids to my friends house....it'll give erilyn some time to play with ehr friend.

i just hope i can get a close parking space and that she has someone home, or the time herself to come down and help me up her stairs (she lives on the third story)

anyway...i hope everyone is having a good day. ttyl
Old 01-08-2004, 02:30 PM   #68
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmm arrived at work today to an office full of 5 hyperactive boxers (the dog). Trying to concentrate with them whining is going to be a pain -_-

Glad to see everyones doing well. I go back to school in 12 days though
Old 01-08-2004, 11:26 PM   #69
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hi all! Been going through catalogs and looking at samples, but I think we finally have chosen our invitations for the wedding! Well, I'm 90% sure, anyway!

Five boxers, LB?! Must be fun around meal time, there!
Old 01-09-2004, 04:32 PM   #70
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Woohoo!! I'm back, and I only had to re-install my whole computer to do it . Turns out the first tech guy had us delete something from the registry and it messed up my computers ability to access the internet. And we weren't about to hunt down the one key that got messed up.

Whatever, anyways the point is I'm back now. So, how are ya'll doin? How were the holidays?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com