Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 12:47 AM   #1
G.W.

I knew Imoen gained exp while she was outside the party. What I didn't expect was that she would stop at level 11. For someone who's party has gained over a million exp before meeting Imoen, this places Imoen over 800,000 exp behind the rest. In my game with the blade as the PC, I was counting on her to replace Jan so that I could get access to level 7+ spells. But to be that far behind basically puts the level 8-9 spells out of her reach. It's a warning to others who haven't gotten that far, not to dally doing all the side quests but to pick up Imoen before you get past 400,000 exp. The party is basically impossible to reform at this point to have a thief and a good mage (as Edwin is stuck with far fewer exp as well). I think I'll have to cheat to salvage the game.

Old 01-01-2001, 01:58 AM   #2
One ANGRY lil' man

Imeon is a dual class what did you think she would have normal EXP? And Jan is multi he won't get to the 9th circle your best best is Eddy-Boy.

Old 01-01-2001, 04:28 AM   #3
G.W.

Yeah but then you have to take Jan to be your thief. Then someone else has to get booted to make room for Jan again.

Old 01-01-2001, 07:37 AM   #4
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmmm, i dont think you get lv 9 spells, only if you remove the experience cap.
Old 01-01-2001, 09:11 AM   #5
Cleric
Welcomed New User

Whit out cheating no mage can memorise level 9 spels , becouse the can't get higher then level 17.

Personaly , I use always a female thief , becouse the can better charm people , i explane itt : F.E a little gnome like Jan , can't get the charisma of a beatutifull woman like Imoen , Nalia , skie (BG1) and safanna (bg1 too) , not that I have something against Jan have , (I have both in my party) but I let do Imoen always things like pick pocket and Jan do things like remove trap .