Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 12:34 AM   #1
jfhck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm on that dilema: i can't pass chapter 2 cos i always restart the game cos i don't have a good (I mean a fun one to play)PC.

I decided to start over and play as a druid dual to fighter, but i'd like to be an avenger, but i can't upgrade cos i can't have STR 17.

I tried to use magic/potion/belt etc but it doesn't work. Is there ANY way i can (honestly, no cheats) permanently increase my STR by 1 so i can dual? If not, what other druid should a get: plain, totemic or shapeshifter?

Thx
Old 06-01-2001, 01:03 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I don't think there are any permenant STR enhancements in the game legitly, since girdles,potions, weapons, and spells are not permenant.
If you insist to dual from a druid, then I suggest a normal druid or a totemic druid.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-01-2001, 04:13 AM   #3
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

If you want fun characters, try playing a bard or a monk.
My personal favorite is the sorceror, but i cant say its the most funny, plus it depends a lot on personal preferences. You could try the classic fighter (kensai or berserker) dualed to mage.

------------------
"TEEHEE !!!!" -The Mighty CloudQueen, to Ertai
Old 06-01-2001, 05:26 AM   #4
jfhck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No monk. It's just a damn dood fighter. Bard... maybe. But i want the druid. I dunno why. Why totemic intead of normal or shapeshifter (greater werewolf rules)?

And what about play a avenger through teh game?
Old 06-01-2001, 05:38 AM   #5
jfhck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One more thing.
If i play BGI and import my char to BGII, do i get to choose a kit.

For example. We know that BGI doesn't heve kits. So i start with a plain druid. Finish the game and then import it to BGII. Can i choose a kit when i import (since BGI hasn't kit and BGII has?) or i continue with my plain druid.

That would easy my mind. Since BGI have those tomes to increase your stats i would use shadowkeeper to put my str to 19. That would not be a big cheat to me since it would happen if i played BGI.
Old 06-01-2001, 08:47 AM   #6
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by jfhck:
One more thing.
If i play BGI and import my char to BGII, do i get to choose a kit.

For example. We know that BGI doesn't heve kits. So i start with a plain druid. Finish the game and then import it to BGII. Can i choose a kit when i import (since BGI hasn't kit and BGII has?) or i continue with my plain druid.

That would easy my mind. Since BGI have those tomes to increase your stats i would use shadowkeeper to put my str to 19. That would not be a big cheat to me since it would happen if i played BGI.
Yes, you get to choose a kit. When I imported my Paladin from BG1, I chose to elect the Inquisitor kit. Why don't you start as a fighter and dual to a Druid? Don't have to worry about STR then. Also, Druids level up faster than fighters so you would regain your fighter abilities faster than if you started as a Druid and then dualled to a fighter.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 06-01-2001, 09:28 AM   #7
jfhck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

that's a good option too but i can only go to level 10-11 as fighter. Druids can reach only level 14 (1500000 XP). If i play til lv 13 it will take years to activate coth classes. I then wind up with fighter 11/druid 14 for speed issues.
If I start with druid i plain to play a druid 13/fighter 16.

I found the totemic druid pretty good. The summod spirits seem to be very strong. Is there any place where i can see the stats of those creatures? (I don't know but they seem imune to atacks).
Old 06-01-2001, 09:31 AM   #8
jfhck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

jezzz i forgot. Sorry for the spaming. How many tomes do you usually get in BGI. I'm thinking in put that extra point in my STR. I wan't be as honest as possible and, lest's say, if we're talking about 6 tomes, i'd get one for each member of my party.