Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 02:44 PM   #121
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Help....i'm melting !

Old 07-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #122
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
What is it you actually do Cloudy? i hope shredding is not your full time job?

my life is so pathetic i had to spend 3 hours after work last night trying to do a bank reconciliation for a client - take their bank statements and a list of all the transactions they put through the computer system, and find the ones that are missing.

there were over 30 pages of bank statements. And i couldnt figure it out.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #123
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

It's very similar to what I have to do as well Cloudy. I have to do the docketing, i.e., keeping track of deadline dates. Have to docket them on the computer and I also do it in large 5-yr calander notebooks, just incase something happens to the PC and the docketing program gets fried. Cause if I lost it all, I'd have to go through every single file in the office, by hand, open them up, peruse the particular case situation, and docket again accordingly. And that'd be a big job LOL.

I just wish we'd get a new client with a really interesting invention LOL. Or at least a client with a really hilarious invention like we used to get ages ago. Dangit where is the underwear condoms and Mississippi Turkey Callers when you need them!

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #124
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Johnny, think cold thoughts and hang in there! *sends virtual ice*

Captain Obvious, I'm a secretary/office admin in a university, so nope, shredding is NOT my only job and actually I probably won't do the shredding myself, I'll hand it off to someone else but I've got to determine what goes and what stays in active and archive file cabinets. Summer is our time to do things like this since the rest of the year we've got far to much going on to weed files out. Do you work at a bank? Wanna reconcile MY checkbook today? Seems hubby and I forgot to put a few deposits down in our register but the part that caused me the most trouble was when I DID put one in the book and he put the actually MONEY in our savings (not checking) account last month....sigh.. I need an accountant full time to take care of the silly numbers.

LadyZ, ROTFL, underwear condoms, yes, that is one of the good ones... but don't think I've heard the Missisipi Turkey Callers one!

Going through every single file again, eef, definitely NOT a job you'd want to do if you can avoid it, so I can see why you keep double records, one on pc and one on paper!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #125
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That, my dear LadyZ, is why us computer geeks preach the gospel of backups. If the files are that important, then make daily copies of them that can be stored off-site. It *CAN* be done...

Just don't ask any of us computer geeks about how we back up our own systems... [img]smile.gif[/img] Sometimes, it's a case of do what I say, not what I do...

And yet, my Quicken files are backed up every time I use it, and my contact manager files are backed up once a week. I *have* had to go back to those occasionally

On a different front, I'm much happier today than I was earlier this week. I drove down to central Illinois (about 4-1/2 hours), and discovered a pool of water underneath where my feet go the next morning. I figured my drink might have spilled, but on Tuesday, when I was driving back, it reappeared... my car had a self-contained leak.

And I had to drive to Detroit on Wednesday... not good, especially in this hot weather.

Dropped the car off at the dealership today with instructions to "take care of it"... and they did, for less than a hundred bucks. Frankly, I had fears of rusty floorboards and other nasty things, and I was happy to escape so cheaply

Other than that, I'm drinking the last Diet Dew in the house and getting ready for some gaming fun... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:25 PM   #126
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Nah, those are just rookie flies, still have a lot to learn. The worst ones are those greenish bastards, who'll first dine on some huge turd, and then want to come sit on you.
Nah nah the worst fly award?

Ladies n Gents the Clegg >

these beauties frequent the west coast of Scotland and are basically horseflies but man I got bit by one a short time back, the horror..
Old 07-21-2006, 07:43 PM   #127
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It didn't carry you off? Good thing you weren't in Texas...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:39 PM   #128
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Definitely resembles a horsefly, which can bite the crap out of you. My most hated biting insect is what we nickname the "three cornered fly" as the shape of it is in a triangle. You see them a lot on pets' noses, etc., and they can even draw blood biting you. Hate!

On another note, I bought today this cool dragon/wizard piece from a store that just opened up in the mall. It's just begging to be painted and inked. Hopefully paint will stick to it, not sure what it's made of. Will no doubt have to prime it white at least to times over. If done via my vision, it will end being one very colorful piece. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here's a pic of it right now. The photo didn't come out as I wanted cause of the flash, it really is more black, with a slight silvery tinge going on there.

[ 07-22-2006, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:34 AM   #129
wellard
Dracolisk

Errmm LZ is that a little pixie riding on the dragons back wearing pink? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]

Had a great day today, a real warm winters day. We went sailing with my sons scout pack to a small island in Sydney harbour to do some weeding and general conservation work. A good cause with to die for views. There was a yacht race to watch too. I may be biased but Sydney harbour is one of the most beautiful places on this earth.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #130
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
^^ Although i could never admit it, Sydney harbour is pretty nice.

My wife and I did a trip around Aussie (well, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and sydney) over new years, and it was a great trip. Lots of driving to go to all those places, but was still awesome.

Did you see the netball on saturday by any chance Wellard???

was a great night for NZ sport - beat the boks in the rugby (bit like we did to the Aussies actaully...) then beat the aussies in the netball!

Bring on the next Bledisloe match!