Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2002, 11:48 PM   #71
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Jas grasped Maverick's hand and gave it a short shake. "Nice to see another moon elf around here." He gave Maverick a questioning look. "What are you doing around these parts?"

Deiter stood up quickly as Chani ran outside of the tavern. I wonder what's wrong... He went outside and was greeted by the darkness of night. Scaning around quickly, he saw her form fading farther away from the tavern. He started to run in the direction she went in. A few minutes later he came to a graveyard. The old headstones had an eerie glow to them as the moonlight hit them. There was an odd silence about the place, almost as if it was forbidden to walk louder than a whisper. He saw her not too far away from where he was standing.
Deiter Leafblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 10:24 AM   #72
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

A gruff chuckle rumbled from the assassin's throat. He recoiled his hand and crossed his arms over his chest. His eyes were narrowed and gleaming curiously. Who was this newcomer that had so many questions? Probably a friend of Wolfrun, looking at his age... His onyx eyes traced down to his crossed arms, and he cleared his throat to speak. "Well I was raised here. My father was a wood elf." His eyes traced slowly back to Jas's face. "But what about you? Are you here to see Li?"

In her fury Chani had not realized that anybody was following her. She nimbly traced through the short rows of tombstones, knowing every raised root and insect nest in the place. She'd been here too often. She found her way to the exact spot she wanted, and cried out in mixed sadness and agony. "Nightblade!" She commanded, her voice quivering. "You coward! Come out!"

A black figure swooped stealthily from the trees and landed in front of Deiter in a crouch. The ghostly, cloaked apparation of Cyrus Nightblade stood and faced the half-elf. He could hear Chani turn around quickly. He smirked, still watching Deiter rather creepily. "I'm right here Chani, do not fret." He scoffed, then craned his neck to look at his living daughter. "My he is a nosey one, isn't he?" The ghost lowered his hood and turned back to Deiter, the scythe on his cheek glowing the brown of dried blood.

Chani quickly dashed from the stone, almost floating with her exactness of step. She rushed to Deiter, pivoting to face Cyrus while stepping backward and pushing Deiter back a few steps as if trying to shield him. She demanded of her ghostly father. "Nightblade, what did you do to her?!"
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 02:19 PM   #73
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

"No I'm not. I'm with some friends to pick up another one. Just the usual -Your friend got abducted now lets go save her- deal." Jas grinned then looked past Maverick. "Who is this Li you mentioned?"

Deiter stood there, watching Chani call out Nightblade. Before he could move any closer to her, a dark form landed in front of him. He took a step back startled, as he continued to watch the ghost standing there. Chani then bolted over to the two and started to push him back. Right after he heard her ask what the ghost had did to her, he understood. She thought Cyrus Nightblade had something to do with Mistral. He moved up so that he was standing next to her, and waited for Cyrus's answer.

[ 08-25-2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]
Old 08-25-2002, 05:42 PM   #74
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Maverick scoffed. "Oh come on! Every frigging old elf in the world knows Li!" He shook his head at the blank stare Jas was giving him. "Li Wolfrun? Quabola? Tall, creepy, werewolf dude? Really old?"

The ghost crossed his arms and looked at the two. "I didn't do anything to her." He ran a hand through his ghostly hair once, then replaced the arm to his side. "It is Ravenwood that worries her. It smells the blood, and she feels it breathing down her neck." He cackled, a dark, growling laugh. "Her own fears are killing her. Eating her from the inside." He replaced the hood over his face. "There is nothing that can be done until she learns to trust. She is breaking. Just like her father did." He sighed a ghostly moan. "She'll need help. But nobody can offer it to her unless she is willing." He cleared his throat, then smiled. "Be careful you two... And Leafblade..." He smirked. "You break her heart I'll haunt you." With a growling cackle the ghost dissapeared into the moonlight.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:02 PM   #75
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Jas gave Maverick a small grin. "I must be going senile, because this frigging old elf doesn't know who he is." He laughed at the look Maverick gave him. "Maybe you could take me to him? Since I'm an old elf and from what you're saying I should know him." The old moon elf grinned again and waited for his answer.

Deiter thought over what Cyrus had said. He had even more questions now, but tonight wasn't the night that he would find the answers. His gaze took in the shadowed half-elf next to him. Leaning forward, his hand grasped hers, their fingers interweaving. "Ready to go back?"

[ 08-25-2002, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]
Old 08-25-2002, 06:22 PM   #76
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Maverick suddenly stiffened. "Well er actually - I can't." He cleared his throat. "I'm not part of the ranger crowd and uhm... Well Li doesn't really like me, to say the least. Though..." He looked up at the darkened sky. "Well it is pretty late..." He strained his eyes through the blackness. "Look, when there's no moon he usually hangs out by the horses. See that fence over there? It's right next to the Foresthide place. He keeps a little lantern and he just sits there and watches 'em. Some old guy thing, I guess. Just DON'T tell him you talked to me, for the love of Corellon, don't tell anybody you talked to me!" With that Maverick dashed off into the shadows, blending so well that Jas could not see him after a few steps.

She squeezed his hand and nodded gently. "Yes. Let's head back..." She seemed deep in thought for a moment, but seemed do cast it aside. She rested her head on Deiter's shoulder, just content to have him near again. Suddenly she cried out. "Ooof!" And tripped to the road. Growling, she pivoted and grabbed the person that had tripped her by the collar and rose up, holding their throat. "Maverick Kor'nes Shadowfall!" She raised a fist against him. "You snivelling, wretched, worm of a man! You don't know how I've waited for this!"" She aimed the fist to punch him square in the face.

"C-ch-chani!! No! I can explain!! S-stop! Please! Leafblade! Stop her!! HELP!"
Old 08-25-2002, 06:43 PM   #77
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Jas continued to grin. "Thanks for that bit of information. I'll make sure to mention that a suspicious person is not wanting to be found in this village." He waited until Maverick had ran off then headed for the lantern light. As he got closer to it he noticed a person sitting under the light.

Deiter was about to help Chani up, when she jumped up suddenly, and grabbed a man trying to get away in the shadows. The moonlight revealed who the man was. "Maverick" he grumbled as he watched the stammering moon elf. He grabbed Chani's hand before she could turn Maverick into a bloody pulp. "I would let him explain first."
Old 08-25-2002, 06:59 PM   #78
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Li heard footsteps walking toward him, and he turned his head and lantern to see the oncomer. His vibrant green eyes shone bright and curious, contrasting with his tired old features. He stood up with his lantern in hand. He was incredibly tall for an elf, nearing 6 feet in height. His hair was glowing silver and was held in a short ponytail. As he stepped foreward to green Jas a wolf-like grin crossed his face, and the ancient elf chuckled. "My, my! If it isn't young Jas! You haven't come to burn down my forest now, have you?"

Chani lowered her fist and narrowed her eyes, pushing Maverick's back against a tree. "Talk, Shadowfall."

Maverick swallowed hard. "Ch-chani, I-I heard some things... I listened in on her group in Athkatla. I thought she was going to hurt you Chani! That's the only reason I did it! I didn't think you'd be safe!"
Old 08-25-2002, 07:27 PM   #79
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Jas shook his head and grinned. "You're lucky, I'm not here to cause a huge bonfire." He looked over at the horses then back at Li. "Find them interesting?"

He frowned at Maverick's words. From what the moon elf was saying, someone one was trying to hurt Chani. He wasn't about to lose her, "And who exactly is she?"
Old 08-25-2002, 07:43 PM   #80
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Li nodded quietly, taking a slightly stiff and creaky seat on the bench again. "I certainly can't watch all those young elves every new moon." He chuckled. "I'd have a heart attack." He gestured for the moon elf to sit next to him. "Well come on Jas, everybody's kid compared to me, but you're not young. Rest your bones." He chuckled again and turned his green eyes back to the pasture, whistling as two of the colts began fighting with tooth and hoof.

Maverick broke out in a cold, nervous sweat under the gaze of the two half-elves. He was starting to shiver in fear. He managed to stammer. "F-f-freelight!"