Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2002, 11:08 PM   #101
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry Silverfall

Larry was racing through the woods, nightmares of terror haunting his mind and obscuring his vision as tears swelled up to block his sight and from finding his love. Coming upon a large spot of blood again turned his heart inside-out. A person had layed here, and there were signs of foot-prints coming to this location and leading away from it, aside from the original heavy prints that he had been following. This riddle made no sense, but apparently, Mistral had been wounded and fled to the woods from her abductor, but stopped to catch her breath and then was caught again. There was no sign of a struggle which meant she was severely weakened by this loss of blood. Larry ran on, knowing he was now getting near his goal. Nightblade was unsheathed and cool in his hand in anticipation of what was to come. He would make this person pay.

Larry came upon a house and the door was left ajar. He paused for a moment...wondering if he should run through and begin cutting anyone in his path that was not Mistral...or sneak up and catch the assailants by surprise...for now Larry was sure that it would have taken a small army to hold Mistral down for so long. At that moment, he did not know what to do. He half-heartedly looked to his treasured blade as though it could tell him the answer.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 11:52 PM   #102
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mistral

She uttered a soft cry of shock as the sudden cacophony of splintering doors jerked her into action, the edge of the katana brushing against her wrist. It seemed as if a thousand elephants were scrambling to cram into her head and, not succeeding, trampling on it with venom.

PING!

"You did not have to come back." ~ She spoke without lifting her head, wincing a little from the stench of dried blood. Yet she did not pull away from his feverish, hesitant touch.

The ghosts in the room were battling amongst themselves. The chorus of wails, moans, sighs, shrieks and roars jarred against her ears. She tasted salt as her eyes closed.

What must I do?

Shaking from the malignant growth of anger, sorrow and cynicism, she found herself giggling - of all things! - in the face of this enigmatic elf. Her chest heaved unsteadily as she spoke on quietly, ignoring the wilful stream of tears streaking down her cheeks.

"There is no hope. The past is upon me, and ... perhaps, you."

It was a statement, not a plea. She was beyond that, and beyond her tears.

She was tired.

So very tired.

"Nothing can undo the past." ~ She knew now... even without his saying it, that he hated her entire clan - an possibly more - he had killed her father, and still his fury was unabated.

"But if it will bring you any consolation - no matter how little, go ahead." ~ She closed her eyes, ignoring the babbling voices within.

"I can think of no other person I would rather die by, in his hand."

[ 08-26-2002, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 12:02 AM   #103
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>
To be fair, I have to allow Spree to take her turn before I can move.
To me this is a crucial point, and I do not want to play out of turn due to selfishness.
I eagerly await the next move.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:36 AM   #104
mistral4543

Isabeau

She halted in her playful swoop at the indomitable Chaos, nearly tumbling. An anguished shriek emitted from her beak; a shriek which seemed to reverbate throughout the land.

At the curious gleam of the pup wolf's eyes, she flapped her wings ferociously, imperiously ordering him to stay his place - his company would only delay the long journey ahead.

Why???!!!

No more did she heed the indignant bewilderment bombarding her senses. Soaring up into the sky, she swept across the clouds, devoted concern the life-force which sustained her through the days' travel.

Finally...

I can make it... ~ Her eyes were beady no more, they dimmed with fatigue ~ I WILL make it! ~ The imperious light shone momentarily, flaring them into activity.

I... am... here... ~ A quick glance revealed her master - or, perhaps, former master, as the situation seemed to suggest. Her mistress was in another's sanctuary...

Her last moments of consciousness were spent taking in the utter darkness of the room before she collapsed onto the floor, feeling the bruise and finally giving into the overpowering exhaustion.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:54 PM   #105
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I still have to wait on Spree. Oh, and let it suffice to say that Larry did not notice Isabeau's presence as he was too wrapped up in his fear and anger and stuff...
Old 08-27-2002, 09:19 PM   #106
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Teveriel sat up suddenly in bed. Beads of sweat covered his face and his breathing was hoarse. "Not again..." he grumbled to himself as started to pull his sweat drenched blankets off him. Grabbing a shirt and boots, he started to get dressed. A mixture of pain and anger was on his face as he walked down the stairs and went out the tavern.

Cold night air greeted him as he went off towards the dark woods. He was able to see well enough from the moonlight gliding over him. "There you are..." A large tree stood in front of him. "Doing well it seems," his placed his hand gently on the rough bark making the tree shiver. Teveriel jumped up and grabbed the closest branch. Pulling himself up, he sat back against the tree and counted the leaves on it. The fear and anger from his nightmare slowly started to go away.
Deiter Leafblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 09:29 PM   #107
mistral4543

Ariel

Her body wrecking with sobs, she tore down the path, her bleeding arms flailing wildly as she stumbled and fell against the ground. Terror shook her frame as she continued to gasp and pant, her nervous eyes darting back every now and then.

"H... help... "
Old 08-27-2002, 09:42 PM   #108
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

He turned at the sounds of someone crying. A few paces away from the tree was a person on the ground. The druid jumped off the tree branch and landed softly. Rushing over to shadowed figure, he noticed it was an elven woman. His blue eyes took in the blood seeping from wounds on her arms. "Stay still..." he told her comfortingly as blue light started to dance from his fingers. The light left his hand and went to the wounds covering her arms. They slowly started to heal up until you could barely tell there had ever been cuts on her. He helped her up and gave her a small smile, "Are you ok?"
Old 08-27-2002, 09:47 PM   #109
mistral4543

Her eyes brimmed with happy tears now as she flung her arms around him impulsively ~ "Thank you! Thank you!" ~ Then, realising her position, she flushed and drew herself away, twiddling with her fingers bashfully ~ "I was attacked on my way here... there were monsters all over that place!" ~ Her voice choked a little as she turned to look back involuntarily in the direction from which she had come.

"Th...there were sentinels, but... monsters... hundreds of them!" ~ Shivering, she advanced towards Teveriel ~ "I... I'm not sure I'd dare to go back there anymore..."
Old 08-27-2002, 10:01 PM   #110
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

He was startled when she suddenly hugged him. A small smile took over his face, then a frown started to form as she told him of all the monsters she had ran into. His eyes darted around checking to see if any of them had followed the elf. Seeing that it was clear he asked her, "Where were you coming from?"

[ 08-27-2002, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]