Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 02:32 PM   #11
Epona
Zartan

Lord Shield: I can vouch for your method of killing the lich - I too manage to have him dead by the end of the cut scene with him just standing there looking like a right prat.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-06-2001, 04:40 PM   #12
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hmm, strange, I thought he had spell triggers and contingency, that is why I couldn't backstab him with my kensai/thief, or didn't have time. The way I killed this guy was with two abi-dalzims horrid wilthing. It was quick and effective. You cannot set traps of course, like VJsoto said because he will not appear, you will.
Old 03-07-2001, 06:59 AM   #13
Moyra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dear Lord Shield! Thanks! I was able to kill the bastard with my Sorcerer! Like Epona said...he just stood there...looking downright stupid...and even though my Sorcerer missed like twenty times I still managed to kill Mr Lich. Not the most courageous way perhaps, but hey, it did the trick.
Old 03-07-2001, 12:35 PM   #14
Lord Shield

Glad to help. For other liches, try a warrior with Cloak of Mirrors, both rings of Fire resistance (90% total), shield vs Charm/Dominatoin/Hold, Haste and Crom Faer or Dayblade. Watch those liches pop! Even if they maze you, you just come back and some of their defences have expired

Old 03-07-2001, 12:57 PM   #15
deverece
Dungeon Master

I hasted my best fighters and they jumped him before he could do anthing. It was over so quick, that he was dead before I warped to Jarlaxle. The trick for me was to get ready outside. When inside, pause immediately, make sure everyone is attacking then unpause and unload on him.