Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 11:39 AM   #21
Vampire

I thought the necklace of missiles just fired one missile! So when I met a bear attacking my worn out damaged party.. I used it...
WHAM!
And lightning bolt is not random! It home in on your location! You can dodge once it comes at you, but boy does it hurt!
Old 06-07-2001, 01:37 PM   #22
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Wand of frost in BG1 = line of cold (very useful)

Wand of frost in BG2 = well, you get the idea, Mage at back of group powers her up and releases a big wand of frost shot, result, embarrassed mage frozen friends...

Still 3 wands of lightning (never really use it) killed off a dragon, so whose complaining (btw cloudburst in BG1 was class)

also got hit by lightning in a storm standing in a field, thought that was funny....
Old 06-07-2001, 01:47 PM   #23
ShadowUK

Lightning bolt can be very good if used properly.........It's good in narrow corridors with lots of enemy with your mage right at the front and the rest of your party a long way back.........

------------------
Old 06-07-2001, 03:14 PM   #24
Epona
Zartan

I did it too - cast the thing in a small enclosed space - barbecue time!!
But after that I learnt my lesson, it's all about working out your shot beforehand

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-07-2001, 03:21 PM   #25
Drawde1
The Magister

I also got a nasty surprise the first time I used a wand of frost in BG2, expecting it to act like the one in BG1!
However it can still be very deadly (to your enemies rather than your party) if you give it to a thief/mage or mage with an Invisibility spell, then sneak up and cast it on a tightly-packed group of enemies.
Old 06-07-2001, 03:31 PM   #26
Dramnek_Ulk

I had a lighting wand,my char standing in the middle of a group of umber hulks in darnise keep room. I fire 6 bolts at once at them. Kills them all. Just as everyone is shouting hurrah bounce back and kills my party.

------------------

Old 06-07-2001, 04:38 PM   #27
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Yeah, that wand of frost was a fave item in BG1, so of course it was messed up for BG2...I knew about lightning bolt before I cast it 'cause I tripped a lightning trap. So then, in Durlag's Tower, in the room with all the lightning traps, I loaded my thief up with lightning resistance scrolls over 100% and led all the eenemies there. Any hits they managed were healed by the lightning. =)
Old 06-07-2001, 10:10 PM   #28
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Floraowe:
Learned to control it how? That's one of those things that I've never figured out. I've just had to avoid lightning bolt completely.
easy. i cast it so that itll either go through a long corridor, hopefully frying enemies as it goes, or cast it so that it hits an angle. if it comes back at my party, i just pause it and move the character out of the way. once you understand the lightning bolt, u can use it to great effect.
Old 06-08-2001, 03:37 PM   #29
Artemis
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Floraowe:
Learned to control it how? That's one of those things that I've never figured out. I've just had to avoid lightning bolt completely.
LOL...me neither! The only time I use lighting bolt is when I'm outside and there is nothing for the bolt to bounce off of after it hits the target. Unfortunately this only allows one-hit damage to the target, but at least I don't kill Aerie like I usually do with the bolts! There is also very few outdoor battles in BG2, so this tactic is rarely employed (don't get to use Call Lightning hardly at all )

[This message has been edited by Artemis (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 03:55 PM   #30
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I remember my olden days...........6 hp.........

ONE magic missile left me screaming for agony and help.

Bears killed with ONE hit.
And so did everyone else

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.