Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2002, 07:45 PM   #1
Alasdair Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

Just bought NWN, and im disappointed that it won't run for me. It's not the game, its my OpenGL. For some reason, lately, none of my games will run that require OpenGL. Ive got NWN to run, but after the intro movie I can hear music, but the screen is black. I've waited for it for a good while to flicker, or change or something and it isn't happening. Anyone know the problem? Running Windows ME with an nVIDIA GeForce. Directx8.1
\"I remember the feeling... I discovered solace, there. My only true taste of life was experienced in my death. I walked across the coldest shadows that your reality had taught me to fear... Your reality is now beneath me - And there it shall stay.\"<br />-Laisrean Shadowheart
Alasdair Shadowheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 04:08 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Have you installed anything else recently ??
Have you done a virus scan ?? (Do you have up-to-date virus definitions ??)
What was the first thing that you noticed this with ??
Do you have enough RAM to run all of the programs you use (separately) ?? More than enough for everything ?? One you only have just enough ?? Etc.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 05:03 PM   #3
Alasdair Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

im running it with 64MB of ram... rofl. Ive ran other games with it though, and such. Ill have to wait for awhile to get a new comp, considering i dont have a job. Guess I'm out of luck. I first noticed this when I tried to play JKII. I can get you the exact error if you think it'd help any, but... Nothing with the Quake Engine runs, and NWN isnt running, Rogue Spear... lol, pretty much all of my games worth playing. Ive looked on sites everywhere and can't find the solution, I've disabled nView and such on my comp, with usually interferes with games and turned off multiple desktops... Still a problem though.

[ 10-16-2002, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Alasdair Shadowheart ]
\"I remember the feeling... I discovered solace, there. My only true taste of life was experienced in my death. I walked across the coldest shadows that your reality had taught me to fear... Your reality is now beneath me - And there it shall stay.\"<br />-Laisrean Shadowheart
Alasdair Shadowheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 07:40 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

You don`t realy need to buy a new computer; you could just upgrade your RAM; unless you`re on a laptop, that`ll be more cost effective anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:08 AM   #5
realbinky
Elminster

NEW DRIVERS! I just fixed my friends PC. It wouldn't run anything OpenGL as he was using XP drivers, not the new Detonators. Mind you it was XP, but new drivers will fix it. As its not game specific, as you mention ALL OpenGL games. Go to the nVidia site and get busy! [img]smile.gif[/img]