Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Doubt it....

Quote:
Pranksters in Berlin took things a step too far when they filled footballs with concrete and displayed a sign goading fans to kick them -- with inevitable results.

Can u kick it? -- The guilty concrete footballs.
OK, so not everyone is into football, and to those who are not enthusiasts this must feel like the longest month ever, but that hardly justifies the sick joke that unknown perpetrators played recently on football fans in Berlin. Someone seems to have gone out of their way to cause people genuine harm by placing six footballs on the capital's streets and a sign asking people to kick them. The catch? The balls were filled with concrete.

"Can u kick it?" was written on a poster near the innocuous looking footballs. So, probably without thinking too long about it, two young guys, aged 21 and 23, took up the challenge and gave the balls a good kick. Unfortunately the leather balls had been filled with concrete and weighed around 10kg each. The men sustained foot injuries so severe that they had to go to hospital.

According to the police, the balls were tied to lampposts, banisters and trees near the Fan Mile in the city center, a spot where thousands of football fans pass through each day.

Police spokesperson Hansjörg Dräger told Spiegel Online, "Unfortunately we have no information about the suspects." He confirmed that they are being sought for assault. The police are still not certain if all the balls are out of circulation, and have asked Berliners to report any suspicious looking footballs immediately.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #2
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yup, that goes beyond silliness.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
THat is AWESOME! that really appeals to my sense of Socail Chaos!

like when a friend and i made a huge pile of jellyfish on the beach (not stinging ones or anything) adn then covered it in sand. We hid in the bushes and laughed maniacally when some 4 year old kid thoguht he would jump on someones sand castle.... do you have any idea what a 4 year old sounds like when they find themselves waist deep in jellyfish?

Bet that little punk never jumped on a sandcastle again!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

The football one was classic, but Captain Obvious you take the gold. Had be LOL-ing there!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry, but hurting people so bad they're put in hospital or have severe pain isn't my idea of fun.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #6
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Sorry, but hurting people so bad they're put in hospital or have severe pain isn't my idea of fun.
Yeah, crying is enough for me to be satisfied..
Old 07-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I see the took the correct aproach, at least. That being: Kick it really hard!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
in a way, it could have been a good thing. Like the 4 year old in my story, those guys will always think twice before following strange instructions, and will be less gulliable in the future.

and Pain is only temporary... the embarassment of being the moron who kick a concrete soccer ball will last forever!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

One part of me want to laugh about this, the other thinks that this is uncool.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #10
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

When I was a kid, we'd fill the balls with water on gas stations. But not concrete. We were young, not stupid.