Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2003, 08:18 AM   #11
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Well the baseball you can keep. I have never seen another sport waste so much time without anything happen. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It could be argued that every US state with a hockey team is a Canadian province since 95% of the North American players in those teams are Canadian. And yet you root for them. [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL!

I would be for a trade. You give us Hawaii ad we give you Quebec. You give us Florida and we give you Saskatchewan. The rest of your states we can do without. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

OK onto the currency. I donīt see why the US and Canada canīt have the same currency. Of course I tend to use my VISA card so I have no problems. The European nations are getting a common currency to ease travel and trading. Why canīt we? Of course we would need to change those ridiculous faces on your dollas bills. [/QB]
Actually its more around 70% mark, the canadain players that is. I know at least 15% are Eroupean, so that leaves it at 80, and how many are american, at least 10% so..

Quebec? No thanks, they dont like us anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Take Florida, please!! We will give it for free! Of course you will regret it when elections come around . I am tellin ya, Hawaii for Alberta [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And, no, you cant have our currency, its ours. Keep your Looney [img]tongue.gif[/img]

To quote Robin Williams-

"The Canadain currency is called the Looney, how can you take a economic crisis seirously. The looney is down, well sthso sthad for you!"

[ 03-04-2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 03-04-2003, 08:25 AM   #12
Thoran
Galvatron

I've always liked Canadian folding money more than US... colorful and regal and all that. If you can resolve the 50 cents on the dollar problem I'd vote for letting the Canadians join the party... and using their purdy money too.

Seriously, with NAFTA and given how close our governments are already... would there be any real advantages to combine (besides the wait getting accross the border)? Perhaps if Quebec really does decide to go its own way there might be advantages for the rest of Canada to think about such a thing, but people tend to become attached to their sovereignty, and build up loyalty to the idea of a nation... I just can't imagine Canadians giving that up (even though the Quebecers seem to be willing to).
Old 03-04-2003, 09:38 AM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

What, and give up our proud leagacy of forgetting all about Canada unless they do something blatantly anti-US? Anyway, you can't have Hawai'i. We have a small base there, called Pearl Harbor, that Al-Qaida is supposed to be targeting. How could the Canadian Navy and Air Force protect it? And, we definitely do not want Quebec. Let France have it, and Jerry Lewis, too.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:41 AM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Night Stalker:
I just want to clear up any rumors about Canada being the 51st State. This is a fallacy! SOUTH JERSEY IS THE 51ST STATE!!! (We ceeded from the North )LOL!
[qb]
LLAO!! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, The Great State of South Jersey. Where every exit number has a representative all its own. And every Senator gets a free Camaro and pinky ring when he enters office. ROFL.

I didn't really mean that thing about Canada being a state on the other thread. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] IMHO, Canada is much too progressive in some ways and a little too conservative in some ways for any sort of political joining between the two. Other than for trade purposes such as NAFTA of course.

But, and you all tell me if I'm wrong, but (except Quebec of course) you rarely see two nations with such strong bonds as between the USA and Canada.

International traveling tip: Americans, tell everyone you're from Canada. They are much better liked.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:13 AM   #15
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

When I was in school, they told us that the US-Canadian border was the "longest unfortified border in the world." We haven't had a war between us since 1812. IMHO, it is because they don't have anything we want. j/k

[ 03-04-2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 03-04-2003, 10:27 AM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
When I was in school, they told us that the US-Canadian border was the "longest unfortified border in the world." We haven't had a war between us since 1812. IMHO, it is because they don't have anything we want. j/k
Are you sure about that ? Not even Shania Twain ?
Old 03-04-2003, 10:31 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I'd go to war for Shania Twain. Oh, and that ice skating chick - whose name I forget. But they can keep Avril Lavine, cause she proved on the Grammys that she can't carry a tune.

[edit] Oh screw the philosophical part of this thread - let's just discuss hot Canadian women. I know some others, but they all work at this place called Sundowner, i.e. the "Canadian Ballet" as my friends in Syracuse refer to it.

[ 03-04-2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 03-04-2003, 11:06 AM   #18
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
*snip*

[edit] Oh screw the philosophical part of this thread - let's just discuss hot Canadian women. I know some others, but they all work at this place called Sundowner, i.e. the "Canadian Ballet" as my friends in Syracuse refer to it.
Hot Canadian women ehh? I wonder when I will be mentioned! [img]tongue.gif[/img] LLAO!

Attalus, I always figured it was the other way around. [img]tongue.gif[/img] If you do decide to invade at least your injured will get free health care.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:24 AM   #19
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Willow, you definately are H-O-T. Your curves, your grace, the way you jump out of the water and do that flip - it's amazing. I *did* mention my dolphin fetish didn't I. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2003, 11:28 AM   #20
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Willow, you definately are H-O-T. Your curves, your grace, the way you jump out of the water and do that flip - it's amazing. I *did* mention my dolphin fetish didn't I. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] Here I was expecting a compliment and you start blathering about my dolphin. [img]tongue.gif[/img] LLAO! To not make this post totally off topic, I will just say that, ummm...., ehhh, you guys donw south would get a lovely national anthem if our countries joined together. I wonder what the flag would look like? A red, white and blue maple leaf with stars?