Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2002, 05:51 PM   #41
Djinn Raffo
Ra

All citzens of America and other western nations who are of Arabian descent, you will now be relocated to camps during the duration of the terrorist threat. Do not worry about this, we put the Japanese through the same thing during the second world war.

~sarcasm~
Old 12-03-2002, 06:27 PM   #42
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
All citzens of America and other western nations who are of Arabian descent, you will now be relocated to camps during the duration of the terrorist threat. Do not worry about this, we put the Japanese through the same thing during the second world war.

~sarcasm~

No kidding? really? ~sarcasm~ Hope you saw the fact that my post was not to be taken seriously

Old 12-03-2002, 06:53 PM   #43
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, MagiK, I personally wouldn't have a problem with restricting immigration from Arab states. Or throwing the foreign nationals here on dubious or no visas out. Actually, the guerilla war that was solved successfully , off the top of my head, was in the Mexican-American War(1846-48). When Mexican partisans started assaulting supply convoys, Zacahry Taylor ordered Rip Ford of the Texas Rangers (who were serving as volunteer scouts in the Army, but still under their own T.O.) to deal with the problem. His solution was simple, brutal, and effective. Whenever partisans attacked a supply train, the Rangers burned the nearest village, hanging anyone who objected. The attacks quickly stopped. (See Walter Prescott Webb, The Texas Rangers). BTW, that is one reason why the Rangesr are known as Los Tejanos Diablos, the Texas Devils, south of the border.

[ 12-03-2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 12-03-2002, 07:30 PM   #44
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I was just going to suggest we use the Nancy Reagan method. We could just say No to cancer and terrorism and then neither would exist.

Military action by itself will not "solve" the problem of terrorism. But one fact must be addressed. When nations sponsor or support terrorist with weapons, training, and base camps then the level and span of their activity increases. If terrorists must hide in every country, have trouble with funding and training then the damage they do will be less. Forcing nations to come to grips with the fact that they are part of the problem helps eliminate the scope of terrorists activity. Fear of military reaction will keep many despots from sponsoring the export of terror. Less training and poorer weapons means fewer innocent people dead.

If we are to look to the root causes of for example Arab terrorism aimed at European and America who will speak for the terrorist demands. If the first demand is that the USA completely repudiate Israel and cease all support of that country as the starting place for working towards peace then what? What if the demand is that we change and all become conservative muslims? Every demand I have ever seen presented is so impossible, so inflexible and so far worse than everything Europeans claim as American arrogance and excess that I don't know how to begin.

Maybe somebody here can offer a mutually acceptable starting point for peace.
We hear so much against military action but I haven't heard an alternative
offered to which both sides could agree. I don't think those in favor of military action are against peace. They just haven't heard an acceptable alternative offered.