Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

It is sad but this stuff does not even phase me anymore. Another shooting another day.

As for Dr. Phil I don't think he is against video games. For XMAS he gave everyone in his audience a Wii.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #32
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Thank you everyone for your sympathy. I still can't bring myself to actually talk to anyone about this, but for whatever reason I feel more comfortable discussing it on IW. Maybe because many people here I consider good friends, maybe even family. It is good to know that IW is there for me.
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #33
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ah crap. Now there is an alert to stay away from a guy at UNCG where I am graduating from next month. The police say he is suspected of making threats to some students. If he is seen, we're told to stay away from him and call campus police immediately.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #34
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wow... I'm so sorry to hear about all these people, and especially your friends, Skydracgrrl. You have my sympathies and my prayers, along with their families.

Details are continuing to come out, but the tragedy is immeasurable.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 AM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This bloke seems like a total psychopath. He sent a package to NBC with a video rant about how much he hated the world and compared himself to Jesus (you can find the video on CNN or MSNBC, it's pretty chilling stuff). The package was postdated 9.01 on Monday, meaning he sent it after he'd killed the first two students and before he killed the next 30. He also sent a bunch of photos:

Welcome to mass murder in the multimedia age. I honestly don't know how you can stop these kinds of people - he was going to find a way to do this, one way or another.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 AM   #36
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
This bloke seems like a total psychopath. He sent a package to NBC with a video rant about how much he hated the world and compared himself to Jesus (you can find the video on CNN or MSNBC, it's pretty chilling stuff). The package was postdated 9.01 on Monday, meaning he sent it after he'd killed the first two students and before he killed the next 30. He also sent a bunch of photos:

Welcome to mass murder in the multimedia age. I honestly don't know how you can stop these kinds of people - he was going to find a way to do this, one way or another.
I guess that would explain the 2 hour gap between the first and the second shootings.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #37
Jorath Calar
Harper

I can't believe they acctually published these photos and the video, if there was any sense in the US media this should have been given to the police and never seen by the public, this guy does not deserve his "point" being heard by anyone ever...
But of course he is made into some sort of a Anti hero for profit of the media...
Sick twisted world we live in...

[ 04-19-2007, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:42 AM   #38
Havock
Dungeon Master

I don't think that everyone haveing guns would have helped anyone in this situation. Just the crossfire alone would have killed people. I do think that schools should provide some kind of training for their staff and students about what to do when something like this happens.
According to the news media all the gunman used was 2 pistols. To kill 33 people he had to have reloaded at least once. I have taken a set of courses that deal with this exact situation and how to survive it. Here is a link to the website:

http://www.jimwagnerrealitybased.com...criptions.html

I would highly recomend these courses to everyone. There isn't any other instructor out there dealing with these modern issues in such a comprehensive way.

A little prevention would have saved a lot of lives.

http://www.jimwagnerrealitybased.com...criptions.html

http://www.myspace.com/measuredingrey
Havock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #39
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree with Jorath. Splashing this guy's pictures all over the news and Internet is only kind of glorifying him, giving him the outlet he wanted when he made those videos and pictures.

I'm also really (said this before) getting sick of listening to people talk about why didn't the students try to take him down, etc. For God's sake these people are dead! Why rag on them?! Nobody was there but those people in those classrooms, and again the guy had two guns in the doorway, what the hell can anyone do? Oh you can run up to him and be a hero, get shot to maybe save others. But these are students, kids. Not trained military. I notice a lot of these A-holes calling in radio stations, etc. around here are from the military. There is no way anyone knew what was going to happen. Hell it would take me at least 30 seconds just for my brain to probably register what was going on! People need to STOP judging these students and using this tragedy to get their high and mighty opinions in. GRRR! Heck people in high security prisons still get stabbed. If a person wants to do something bad enough, they will find a way to do it, period. It's time for people to shut their mouths and just mourn these poor kids and give as much support to VA Tech as they can.

Sorry for the rant, had to get it out somewhere.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #40
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I agree with Jorath. Splashing this guy's pictures all over the news and Internet is only kind of glorifying him, giving him the outlet he wanted when he made those videos and pictures.
Worse than just glorifying him, I worry that it'll encourage copycats looking for attention.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote