Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 02:10 PM   #11
Mojo
Elminster

But on that note, Stormymystic, it's possible that everyone has some talent in that respect. Just that few have gone to lengths to develop it.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:17 PM   #12
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

that is true, but does that mean that anyone who does use it is evil? if so then because i am a wiccan i am automacticly seen as evil?
Old 05-06-2003, 02:21 PM   #13
MagiK

Well Mojo, I guess in answer to your question then...I would have to say...no there is no such things as "Magic" in my opinion. There is nature and the natural order, all things are from or follow the laws of the universe. [img]smile.gif[/img] Nothing "mystical" about it for me.

Old 05-06-2003, 02:21 PM   #14
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry, but I don't agree that magic=evil or magic=Satan.
I won't go into my feelings about that thinking because I don't want it to be taken as attacking others on this board, becase just as I'd like everyone to respect my opinions, I respect them, and since I don't know how to put my opinion down in a way that won't sound like I'm being disrespectful to other's opinions, I'll keep quiet.

*in bugs bunny voice* sure I can shut up anytime, just tell me to be quiet and I'll be quiet. Yup, I can shut up right now, not a problem, you don't need to tell me twice ..... *
Old 05-06-2003, 02:24 PM   #15
Mojo
Elminster

The very fact that you're Wiccan means the Church and other ignorant people will think you evil. I don't know much about it myself, but your actual Wiccans and Pagans etc. are anything but evil, from what I do know. But then, you always get the people who say they are Wiccan and know nothing about it, simply doing it to get attention. Satanism has much the same problem....

But then, one of the 10 Commandments is along the lines of "Thou shalt not worship false deities," so I suppose if the Church is right in the main body of it's belife, it's right to call you evil.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:26 PM   #16
Mojo
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Well Mojo, I guess in answer to your question then...I would have to say...no there is no such things as "Magic" in my opinion. There is nature and the natural order, all things are from or follow the laws of the universe. [img]smile.gif[/img] Nothing "mystical" about it for me.
But do you agree that there are things that we can't, as yet, explain? Ghosts, for example.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #17
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

My cousins are both the same way (on both sides of the family)

they're southern baptist types...

Alright here are some actual quotes:

Cousin on mom's side: (age 6)

"Oh the preacher said not to go see Harry Potter because if you do you're going to hell..."

Cousin on dad's side: (age 8)

"Harry Potter encourages young children to submit to a controlled society and lose all of their values only to respect the values of others..."

Me: "Do you have any idea what that means?"

Cousin: "nnooo"

---------- oh but it get's weirder folks ---------

Cousins on Pokemon:

Cousin on mom's side: "Articuno, Blastoise, Dofdan, Pseudowoodo, and Raichu are gonna rock your world!"

Cousin on dad's site: "oh no... my dad doesn't... I mean... Pokemon doesn't promote christian values... BIBLE MAN is where it's at! He's totally awesome..."

---------------- O_O Cousins on D&D ---------

Mom's side : "Cool monsters and stuff!"

Dad's side : *he stares blankly at me for a moment, goes over to his shelf, picks up a plastic cross, walks back to me and proceeds to shout in latin*

-------- Cousinss on murder -----------

Mom's side : "It's a terrible thing but awesome if it invoulves explosions!"

Dad's side : "It's great if you're slaying heathens for the righteouse!"

------ Cousins on 9 /11 -------

Mom's side : "what?"

Dad's side : "Satan took the souls of all the people in those towers and they deserved it"

------- Cousins on Monopoly ------

Mom's side : "I like Park avenue... It's just so... purple..."

Dad's side : "That game promotes fraud and sin. To dwell on Earthly posessions is to be drowned in the fiery pits of hell!"

Me: "Do you even know what you're saying?"

cousin: "No not really..."

------- Cousin's on Star Wars -----

Mom's side : "Boring..."

Dad's side : "It's the greatest story of all time! Second to the bible of course..."

------ Cousin's on LOTR ------

Mom's side : "My momy won't let me see it..."

Dad's side : "THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME!"

---------- Conclusion --------

There is none! Family's are actually being SELECTIVE as to which products their values lie in! What the heck is up with that!? One family that likes Pokemon and doesnt like Harry Potter doesnt match with those that don't, and Sheltering your kids from the world just seems wrong since it's something happening in their lifetime, do you really want them to grow up saying "i don't remember much of that time in my life" ?!?! and How the HELL can my cousin on my dad's side LOVE lord of the rings, think Dungeons and Dragons is Satanic, Love Starwards, but think Pokemon and Harry Potter are Satanic!?! This doesn't make any SINCE people!!! Bah! Morals are for Panzies anyway... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #18
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Hm...what I should have mentioned before is that I believe the only magic can come from God or Satan. People aren't born with it, they accept it from Satan, whether they know it or not. It is one way Satan draws people into his web and draws them away from God.

Now, I wouldn't say you are evil, Stormy, we just have conflicting beliefs. I read in the other thread that you are a Wiccan, but do you believe then that people are born with magic abilities? Just to clear something up from your previous post...
Old 05-06-2003, 02:41 PM   #19
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
Hm...what I should have mentioned before is that I believe the only magic can come from God or Satan. People aren't born with it, they accept it from Satan, whether they know it or not. It is one way Satan draws people into his web and draws them away from God.

Now, I wouldn't say you are evil, Stormy, we just have conflicting beliefs. I read in the other thread that you are a Wiccan, but do you believe then that people are born with magic abilities? Just to clear something up from your previous post...
Well, based on your post, you're ASSUMING that people take that power from Satan. Since you're not God, you really don't have any way of knowing that those people weren't given that power from God.
Not believing in God, it's actually a mute arguement for me, but still, there's a flaw in the that thinking.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:44 PM   #20
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I say that, because God wouldn't give that sort of power to people. Satan specifically promises power to draw people away. God just would not give people that power. I need to get details of this to back myself up...sorry...