Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #21
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Glad to hear Choc is ok Z [img]smile.gif[/img]

My dog got stung in the nose/face by a bee (or a wasp). His muzzle (I think that's the name?) was swollen he looks so helpless, could hardly open his eyes.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #22
Chewbacca
Zartan

Im glad to hear Choc seems to be heading towards recovery.

I know what it is like to bond with an animal companion and feel the worry that comes with a health problem. Very tough indeed!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #23
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

hehe, yeh. He even jumped up on the bed with us last night and slept there. Swelling is down about 10%. the swelling around the front of the jaw is gone (near his mouth). weeeeeeeee! [img]smile.gif[/img]

But, my GOD its hard giving him liquid meds. Pills were ok, but he needed liquid cause of the swelling. lol, my hands look like I ran through rose bushes! LOLOL! hey, if I gotta get a 1000 scratchs to make him well, I will.

Hmmm.. maybe try donnas gardening gloves.. because my work gloves are huge and bulky.. lol!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #24
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Yeah, that's the thing about cats: front claws, back claws, and a mouth filled with very sharp teeth. Humans need at least another hand in order to immobilize all their "weapons." And then they have the ability to twist and turn in every direction imaginable.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #25
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Yay! Glad to hear that Choc is getting better [img]smile.gif[/img] It is difficult when your pets get sick and it's difficult to tell what is wrong because they can't talk to you, all you want to do is cuddle them and spoil them [img]smile.gif[/img]
The gloves sound like a good idea, but also if you get another person to hold choc by holding the two back legs together with one hand and the two front legs together with the other. Hopefully that should prevent scratching.
Picture diagram: (very craptacular)

| | <---two front legs---> ||
| | <---two back legs---> ||

So pretty much just pulling them together and holding them so the cat doesn't move...a good idea is to lay the cat on it's side while you do this so they're not uncomfortable.

[ 06-12-2006, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Lauren ]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Dan try using a towel or a small blanket. You know, wrap it around Choc's body when he's like sitting somewhere LOL. That way he can't scratch out, will definitely be wiggling under the towel though LOL. Maybe that may help, just a suggestion. [img]smile.gif[/img] Each cat is different so not sure how Choc would react to the towel/blanket wrap deal LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:26 AM   #27
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I always had to sit behind our cat, push her down so taht she was sitting between my legs, and then hold her front legs so she couldn't run away. Could work with Choc? Pixie always squirmed and meowed a bit, but she didn't really scratch or bite. (Well by this time, she had no teeth left. And she only attacked men anyway. Ultimate cat feminist. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Of course, another option is getting several proffessional wrestlers to hold Choc for you.
I'm glad to hear he's getting better tho. It's always hell when they're ill.

[ 06-13-2006, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:31 AM   #28
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Aye, the between the legs works.. "The leglock" [img]smile.gif[/img] I forgot about that. MAN he is strong, he stood up straight once! lol strong sucker...

He's eating a lot and drinking normal now.. he even picked at the carpet a few times.. walks around and stuff.. swelling down. gooooood. [img]smile.gif[/img]

He 'announces' he is going to lay down a lot, does his 3 circles where he's about to lay, and then meows loud a few times.. like "HEY! I'm gonna take a nap" Charly did that too.. I wonder what that really means. Probably "I am going to sleep, bug me, and die!!" lolol!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:46 AM   #29
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Awww, cute!
Well good on you for being brave enough to try that on Choc. I wouldn't.
Good taht he's better.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:57 AM   #30
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Aye, the between the legs works.. "The leglock" [img]smile.gif[/img] I forgot about that. MAN he is strong, he stood up straight once! lol strong sucker...

He's eating a lot and drinking normal now.. he even picked at the carpet a few times.. walks around and stuff.. swelling down. gooooood. [img]smile.gif[/img]

He 'announces' he is going to lay down a lot, does his 3 circles where he's about to lay, and then meows loud a few times.. like "HEY! I'm gonna take a nap" Charly did that too.. I wonder what that really means. Probably "I am going to sleep, bug me, and die!!" lolol!
I sincerely believe that's what it means...or, "Keep the noise down, or feel my wrath.."
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote