Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 02:56 PM   #61
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
And of course the US is a perfect gracious neighbour who could learn nothing from any part of Europe. We all want to be like the US. Having so much confidence in ourselves and our country that it borders on arrogance and nationalism in most of the cases I've seen.
only a few cases, neb. To hate the people of another country is a form of racism and like most intelligent people we should be above that.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:57 PM   #62
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
I see a trend going on here.

Most of the eroupeans in this thread have turned this into another America vs Eroupe thread. 90% of the time that happens. Why?
Possibly because the US brings it on themselves? The attitude of most americans I've encountered has been amazingly annoying. This is achieved by being arrogant, nationalistic and close-minded. I'm not saying that's how it is for all, but in fact the majority that I've met and debated with online. So perhaps there's a reason for the dislike?

Believe it or not, but the US might have an attitude problem, rather than the rest of the world needing to just accept it.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:00 PM   #63
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:

Most of the eroupeans in this thread have turned this into another America vs Eroupe thread. 90% of the time that happens. Why?
oh i see. you guys talk about how you're "kings" compared to us and it's US that's made it an America vs Europe thread huh?[/QUOTE]LS I suggest you go back to my first post in my responce to you and answer my question

Neb: Ugh...nevermind.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 10-29-2002, 03:00 PM   #64
Lord Shield

i personally have one beef with the Amrican government

they FUNDED the IRA terrorists who blew the crap out of ENGLISH. My DAd's only alive cause he missed his train once

yet US expected EVERYBODY to drop everything and sob when someonbe got you back?

America is NOT perfect, ,no more or less than ANYBODY else. the "attitude" you speak of is TWO-WAY, not ONE

and yes, IR, I read the whole thread

[ 10-29-2002, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Old 10-29-2002, 03:01 PM   #65
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
And of course the US is a perfect gracious neighbour who could learn nothing from any part of Europe. We all want to be like the US. Having so much confidence in ourselves and our country that it borders on arrogance and nationalism in most of the cases I've seen.
only a few cases, neb. To hate the people of another country is a form of racism and like most intelligent people we should be above that.[/QUOTE]Actually Kaltia, to "hate the people of another country" is NOT racism. Nor, BTW, is it nationalism. It's just HATE! Racism is an unfounded or unreasoning hatred of someone because they are of another race(not nationality). Nationalism is an intense(and unreasoning) love of one's own nation. Hating someone from another country could be construed as bigotry, I guess. I dont know if the phenomenon(hating someone because they are from another country) actually has a 'proper name'.

BTW...I'm not trying to hammer on you(or anyone else), just trying to clear up a misunderstanding. When people start calling other people racist, things can go downhill quickly. So, I think that it might be a good idea for ALL OF US to stop name-calling.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 10-29-2002, 03:02 PM   #66
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:

Possibly because the US brings it on themselves? The attitude of most americans I've encountered has been amazingly annoying. This is achieved by being arrogant, nationalistic and close-minded. I'm not saying that's how it is for all, but in fact the majority that I've met and debated with online. So perhaps there's a reason for the dislike?

Believe it or not, but the US might have an attitude problem, rather than the rest of the world needing to just accept it.
[/QUOTE]Then come on over and meet a larger variety of them, dear. We aren't all bad.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:03 PM   #67
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:

oh i see. you guys talk about how you're "kings" compared to us and it's US that's made it an America vs Europe thread huh?[/QUOTE]

Yo LS/IR

.....REPEAT AFTER ME!!

Calm Blue Ocean...

Calm Blue Ocean...

Calm Blue Ocean...

There...dont you feel better? Now, can we please chill out and behave like rational human beings? Thanks. Enough with the 'us vs them' garbage already!

EDIT:

HEY NEB!!

YOU TOO...CHILL OUT!!

[ 10-29-2002, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 10-29-2002, 03:04 PM   #68
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Sorry, Nact, my apologies [img]smile.gif[/img] I TRY to keep a sensible head...but LS just started a new thing.
The IRA. WHAT is this about the US FUNDING the stupid £&$&(^&??? LS, is this old news? I have a mate who lived in Dfublin...was in the pub having a good time when a shrapnel bomb when off. Bam. He can't walk anymore. The IRA are so...so....you know, i can hardly remember what they're fighting over anymore. Wasn't it that IRA member who turned tail and started going on about human rights while raping his seven-year-old daughter at home?
Old 10-29-2002, 03:04 PM   #69
Lord Shield

sorry, Jim - I know you and Amber are better example of Americans IMO [img]smile.gif[/img] - but io was buggereed if i was gonna just sit back at another "boohoo - Europeans are picking on us" fest again

me done

Old 10-29-2002, 03:05 PM   #70
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Then come on over and meet a larger variety of them, dear. We aren't all bad.
Will you pay for my ticket? [img]tongue.gif[/img]