Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2003, 06:17 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Yes thats right, Wellard has just recieved and installed NWN and is now walking aimlesly around

standby your keyboard and prepare yourself for dumb questions and please be polite with the answers [img]tongue.gif[/img]

first question...why did I not save all those silver necklaces from BG2? 3gp there and 750gp here [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

[ 08-25-2003, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 07:54 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL - because you can't import your character from BG2 to NWN. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:46 AM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

That is a very good question but it has a very unfortunate answer both literally and figuratively. While at first hand the ratio of 3 to 750 seems good you must do some basic research into feudal economics and the crash of the Baldur’s Gate sliver trade. You might be familiar with the Hunt brothers. They had a wonderful idea if they could buy up all of the silver mines around Baldur’s Gate they could force the silver price up which worked wonderfully. The problem was once they had the price forced up they flooded the market and destroyed the silver price. Seeing no more profits in the Baldur’s Gate area they have moved into NeverWinter and are currently driving prices up. Hence why silver is currently worth more.

Now currently the other two reasons stopping you is the hauling fees. In order to keep prices very high in NeverWinter the import tax on external silver is 5 gold pieces to a single silver bar and a minimum of 10 gold pieces to any crafted silver which unfortunately has to be evaluated by the local merchants’ guide which in the matter of silver leaves those decisions up to the Hunt brothers. And in order to keep the prices high you can guess what they are going to tax you.

Last but not least you would need to transport all that silver here. To do that you would need a merchant caravan. Not many caravans are even big enough or crazy enough to deal in large shipments of jewelry. The one that does come to mind is a new startup company called Wells Fargo. Because they are trying to make a name for themselves they might be willing to for the right price help you move your merchandise. The problem is of course finding several people who would be willing to sit in the magically locked iron stagecoach through the whole trip and the loyal guards that will be on the outside to protect the shipment.

Now if you are still willing to try this for a modest fee I can start all of this in motion. I just need to know where the shipment is going to be picked up how large is it? What sort of guards are currently protecting it? Are there any magical protections on it?

Sincerely,
Granamere

Also feel free to ask any other question you have.

PS are you taking about silver necklaces or glittering necklaces? If glittering necklaces you might want to look at them a little more closely they are magical. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-25-2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:10 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Sensational reply Granamere!

LOL at the content [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] and if this is the standard of reply in this section of IW then I am in the right place [img]smile.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ahhh! I was not ready for THAT! I thought I was ready, and you told me to be ready, but I was not so ready as to be ready for THAT! Ahhh!

What do I do? What do I do? It hurts! It hurts! Ahhh!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:15 AM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Welcome, Wellard, to our little band of Neverwinter citizens. Shop at the Night in Shining Armour! Woo the fair Aribeth or Sharwyn! But, if you visit the Moonstone Mask, don't tell 'em.