Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2003, 12:07 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

...just in case nobody knew about it yet. If you're getting a bit bored with NWN, you can give yourself a new lease of life by unlocking your camera angle and bringing it lower, almost down to the floor. It's amazing how much more atmosphere something simple like this can add to the game. Doubtless it's been around for ages, but I just discovered it today and it totally spun me out. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

How do you do it? Press the ~ symbol (it's the key just to the left of the '1' key, above the TAB key) to call up the console, then type in:

unlockcamera 1

with the space in front of the 1. Then you can use the Page Up and Page Down keys to change the camera angle. It's quite entertaining.

[ 08-24-2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 12:20 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Nice huh?
Another thing to try is to zoom in entirely so that you're much closer to the action, or to use the driving camera view. Your vision is going to be very limited, but suddenly the terrain is going to be alive with sounds where you'd be lucky to hear a roaring fire protest faintly on the background when using the top-down or chase camera modes [img]smile.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 12:50 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

You can key this into your ini file, that way the mode will always be unlocked instead of you having to do it each game. This has been a part of my NWN's for months and I can't imagine being without it.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:23 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Exactly where do you key it in, in your ini file? Under what heading?
Old 08-24-2003, 07:40 PM   #5
Animal
Gold Dragon

Unlocking the Camera

There was an undocumented "unlock camera" feature added to the game with the 1.28 patch (please note that this feature will not work with any pre-1.28 version of NWN). This feature allows the player to zoom the camera view either closer or further away. It also allows the player to further increase or decrease the camera angle from a hip-level view to a straight down, bird's eye view. To enable the unlock camera feature enter the following line under the Control Options section of your nwnplayer.ini file:

Unlockcamera=1