Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2003, 09:21 AM   #11
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks, Zuvio. I have to admit that I as so excited when I finally beat him that I actually jumped out of my chair and started pumping my fist in celebration! Thank goodness my wife and kids weren't home yet. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I did the opening Act of Chapter 2, but haven't left Kendrack's place yet. After much thought, I've decided to go back to an earlier Saved game (right after defeating Meldanen) and re-play the whole sequence.

Why? To pick up the Quest items for Linu and Red Tiger.

I left the mithral statue in Meldanen's estate and I just dropped the item needed for Red Tiger on the floor in the Cloakwood Tower. I may try Helm's Hold again with Linu to help with the undead, but at least now I know how to defeat Desther.

I also want to go back in because I missed the entire basement of Helm's Hold. I figured that must be where Desther was hiding, and I wanted to kill everything else before facing him. Once I found him, though, I didn't get a chance to go back and kill the monsters I missed.

So I will definitely go back and give Linu and Red Tiger their quest items, then decide which one I want to accompany to Helm's Hold....then it will be onto Chapter 2.

BTW, I chose Sharwyn as my first mercenary in Chapter 2. I'm trying to give all the non-evil henchmen a try to see which one I like best. Since I'm playing a wizard/rogue, I really like the melee power Red Tiger provides...but fights don't have to result in melee. Ranged weapons are better (as long as you can hit with them). So I will at least give Sharwyn a try, and then decide whether or not I like her.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:49 PM   #12
Heatmiser
Dungeon Master

Cerek-
Nice job with Desther
To answer your trivia question:
"YEEEHAA!! Jester's dead!!" Anthony Edwards as Goose in Top Gun.

Desther is MUCH easier if you kill off the 5 ritual zombies first. Then my monk and Linu knocked him off with little difficulty.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #13
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatmiser:
Cerek-
Nice job with Desther
To answer your trivia question:
"YEEEHAA!! Jester's dead!!" Anthony Edwards as Goose in Top Gun.
DING! DING! DING! We have a WINNER!!! That was one of my favorite movies, but when E.R. first came on TV, it took me almost 3 months to figure out what movie I had seen Anthony Edwards in (and I saw Top Gun 4 times in 2 weeks when it came out) [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatmiser:
Desther is MUCH easier if you kill off the 5 ritual zombies first. Then my monk and Linu knocked him off with little difficulty.
I finally figured that out. I also figured out that it is MUCH easier to just run up and bash them rather than trying to damage them with spells. After Red Tiger and I had locked ourselves in the side room for a breather, I healed us back to full health and opened the door. I was hoping Desther had returned to the room with the R.C.'s, but of course he hadn't. Since he was right there, I decided to see if I could do any damage to him...naturally, I couldn't. I was afraid to just turn my back on him and attack the Ritual Creatures, but I soon realized that I was going to have to do that in order to have any hope of surviving. Luckily, Desther abandoned his spells and kept chasing me, trying to hit me with his mace - which he wasn't nearly as skilled with as he was with his spells.

Anyway, I'll be doing a re-run of Helm's Hold only because I need to go back to Neverwinter and pick up the two quest items I found for Red Tiger and Linu. This time, I will try the Hold with Linu to help with the undead. Now that I know how to defeat Desther, I shouldn't miss the extra melee strength Red Tiger provides. Besides, he was dead long before I attacked the Ritual Creatures, so I know I can defeat Desther solo if I have to.