Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 09:45 AM   #1
Epona
Zartan

Please, no plot spoilers, and don't even *think* of posting links to illegal downloads from the next film.

But what are your predictions for Star Wars Episode II? Will it be better than Episode I? Will Jar Jar be written out? Will it make more $$$ than LOTR and Harry Potter combined?
Old 01-24-2002, 10:19 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

<font color="gold">ell, I am definetly looking forward to it, but I hardly doubt that it will match LotR, neither in 'viewers', or $$$.
But maybe it'll be more attractive then Harry Potter.</font>

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:27 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well I heard Jar Jar is in it, at least he was spotted in the background in the trailer... I'm hoping he will stay in the background.
I'm excited about it but not like when I was waiting for episode 1 I had such high expectations for it that I was a little disapointed ... I've learned my lesson... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 12:11 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Well I heard Jar Jar is in it, at least he was spotted in the background in the trailer... I'm hoping he will stay in the background.
I'm excited about it but not like when I was waiting for episode 1 I had such high expectations for it that I was a little disapointed ... I've learned my lesson... [img]smile.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I agree. Ep1 would have been a good film had it not been for the fact that we were all expecting miracles!
I too hope Jar Jar is relegated to the cutting room floor - he was even more annoying than the Ewoks....
Old 01-24-2002, 12:13 PM   #5
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

Supposedly with the negative response there was to Jar Jar Binks in the first one he will have a vary limited role in the Star Wars II. Hopefully that holds true. And why the heck would they take a good title like The clone wars and turn it into some 1950's B horror movie and call it "Attack of the clones". If George Lucas has any sense too him he'll find somebody else to write his movies. the onyl thing he seems to be good for is the money.

A very dissapointed Star Wars fan,
Lord Killjoy
Old 01-24-2002, 04:57 PM   #6
Tancred
White Dragon

I think, if the Ep I - III series follows the same cycle as eps IV - VI, then Ep I was the silly, almost stand-alone corny film, and ep II should be the cool, better-written, darker one of the trilogy. The way I see it, what have we got to lose? There's Natalie Portman, and Ewan MacGregor in a beard, and Christopher Lee again, and Ian MacDarmid, and no sign of Leonardo diCaprio as Anakin <hurray!>, all kinds of stuff.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:48 PM   #7
Thoran
Galvatron

I read that the way it's going to work is that EP1 was the kids movie, written for people to take the family. EP2 will be a bit of a romance, but overall a movie with more of an adult theme... and EP3 will kick some serious butt.

Of course the guy that wrote that was probably guessing just as much as the rest of us... so who knows.

As far as money I don't think it'll make as much as either LOTR OR Harry Potter (Based on EP1)... both those movies were head and shoulders above EP1 in every respect, from Cinematics and special effects to Plot and storyline (did EP1 even have a storyline?)

The "Attack of the Clones" is definitely the worst title for a movie I was actually planning on going to see.

EP3 will probably be called "Return of the Clones"... or maybe "Bring in the Clones"

Na... they're already here.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Thoran ]</p>
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 08:12 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Thoran:

The "Attack of the Clones" is definitely the worst title for a movie I was actually planning on going to see.
<hr></blockquote>

Hey come on, is "The Empire Strikes Back" not a corny title? I don't really see how "Attack of the Clones" is so much worse. I am definitely looking forward to it, although I do prefer Ewan clean-shaven . I liked Episode 1 a lot. I mean, a few bits weren't too good, like the pod race and Jar Jar, but it was no better or worse than any of the originals. It's funny actually, I mean the original trilogy were amazing in terms of concept and vision of the universe etc, but the acting, scripts etc weren't the most brilliant ever. So it was really unfair of us to expect the Episode 1 would be some earth-shatteringly great movie, although of course it's understandable.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:36 AM   #9
Aleksanr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In the trailer when amidala meets anakin, and he comes on to her, you can see Jarjar dressed up as a advisor.....
Old 01-25-2002, 06:59 AM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Here is what happened at a recent Lucasfilm meeting (reliable source)
-------------
George Lucas : well the schedule for todays meeting is we need to come up with a name for episode 2
Employee 1138: Hey how about Attack of the clones? (snicker from the other employees)
GL: Hey thats cool lets use that, next matter...
1138: But ehmm, I was kidding
GL: nah it's a cool title, we'll use it
-------------

I had a nightmare the other day that I finally went to see episode 2 and all it was was 2 hours of Jar Jar on a pogostick... I woke up screaming...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote