Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2002, 11:34 PM   #1
Kuldaan
Welcomed New User

Hello to you all then, and I hope my stay here will be fulfilling for both you, and I. Anyways, the question I have is, if I create a multiplayer party, is there any way at all that I can play them in the single player version of the game so as to avoid the slow pauses and qwerks inherent within multiplayer. If anyone knows of a way or ways to do this, I would very much appreciate it if you could explain them to me.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:36 PM   #2
Angelouss
Dungeon Master

I don't know how but there is a way. Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:43 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Go to your BG2 directory, go into MPsaves. Copy the game/s you want from there into Saves. [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:09 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Welcome Kuldaan [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
You've come to the right place [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you want to play the game as though it were a single player game with more than one custom character, first start a game as though you were going to play a multiplayer game. After you've created all the characters you want to play with, start the game. You can play with your custom party now, but everytime you load you'll need to lock your characters again.
So, what you do is save the game. Say you call the save mysave. What you do then is exit the game and go to your BG2 folder. If you open the folder called 'MPsave', you'll find another one called something roughly like '00000012-mysave'. Cut or copy that folder, then return to the main BG2 directory. There is another folder called 'save'. Open it, and paste '00000012-mysave' there.
From then on, you can play your save by loading it in single player. However, you can't edit your characters unless you reverse the process. Enjoy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 11:38 AM   #5
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome!Im sure well enjoy having you! However, there are lots of weird people with......interesting opinions.hold on... [img]graemlins/repuke.gif[/img] ok thats better LOL. so hi!!!
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote