Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2002, 03:52 PM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
you're not comparing fortuyn with le pen, are you ??? I never heard him say he would deport all foreigners back to their original countries. He is a freak, don't get me wrong, but i think it's not right to compare him with le pen
No, I am not comparing Fortuyn to Le Pen, though he DOES take a similar stance on immigrants. I was comparing the gullible voters in France to the gullible voters in Holland.[/QUOTE]you know, i was watching "barend en van dorp" the other day, and they compared him with mussolini and that was the stupidest thing i ever heard (although he probably goes to the same hairdresser). As if the dutch all would vote for a nutcase like that. What i don't understand is that in holland they always try to label you. Fortuyn is now labeled almost as a nazi. He will find it damn hard to get rid of that
label, prob never
Old 04-24-2002, 04:20 PM   #22
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
you know, i was watching "barend en van dorp" the other day, and they compared him with mussolini and that was the stupidest thing i ever heard (although he probably goes to the same hairdresser). As if the dutch all would vote for a nutcase like that. What i don't understand is that in holland they always try to label you. Fortuyn is now labeled almost as a nazi. He will find it damn hard to get rid of that
label, prob never
Oh I agree, those comparisons are hardly ever appropriate, and always stupid. In fact, I think that when the media started comparing Haider to Hitler, for instance, that was a gross insult to everybody that had to live through (or DIDN'T live through) the Holocaust. Of course people should be made aware of the danger such politicians present, but comparing them to a bloody genocide isn't going to cut it! There's a big difference between someone who wants to keep out immigrants and someone who actually commited genocide.
I'm not saying the former cannot turn into the latter, but these comparisons are just rabble-rousing.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:49 PM   #23
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
you know, i was watching "barend en van dorp" the other day, and they compared him with mussolini and that was the stupidest thing i ever heard (although he probably goes to the same hairdresser). As if the dutch all would vote for a nutcase like that. What i don't understand is that in holland they always try to label you. Fortuyn is now labeled almost as a nazi. He will find it damn hard to get rid of that
label, prob never
Oh I agree, those comparisons are hardly ever appropriate, and always stupid. In fact, I think that when the media started comparing Haider to Hitler, for instance, that was a gross insult to everybody that had to live through (or DIDN'T live through) the Holocaust. Of course people should be made aware of the danger such politicians present, but comparing them to a bloody genocide isn't going to cut it! There's a big difference between someone who wants to keep out immigrants and someone who actually commited genocide.
I'm not saying the former cannot turn into the latter, but these comparisons are just rabble-rousing.
[/QUOTE]by the way, what's your opinion on the milosevic trial ? To me it looks like a soapseries, or a sitcom as you will ! We all know the guy is guilty as hell, so why the delay ?