Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 05:57 AM   #11
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Really, Killer, If you can't add something useful to the thread ... Anyways, there are slight differences, BlackAssassin. Prices are higher (reputation tends to be lower for Evil People) but you do get to maim and kill everything in sight. I was a Paladin the first time through, now playing a Chaotic evil Mage. Both are interesting, but Which is more fun? Tough call. That's the beauty of this game. They are both worth it, just so you can see all the different plot possiblities. enjoy your ranger ...

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
Old 05-21-2001, 06:00 AM   #12
dafan

just testing

------------------
I'm a protector of good
a seeker of truth
a symbol of light
a man of honor
Old 05-21-2001, 10:36 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Killer:
And my question still stands - what does that have to do with this thread?? You are clearly spamming, and it is getting to a level that I am starting to notice. I would stop doing it if I were you.

Dafan:
Please don't test in serious threads where people are trying to find information. If you want to test, do it in the General Discussion forum. Thank you!

------------------
Old 05-21-2001, 12:59 PM   #14
dafan

ok sorry

------------------
I'm a protector of good
a seeker of truth
a symbol of light
a man of honor

Old 05-21-2001, 03:33 PM   #15
Raze
The Magister

I found it quite hard to be Evil.

I kept feeling guilty about all the bad stuff I'd done.
But then I got over it and the killing began.

It is more difficult being evil though
- higher prices
- bands of Guards and Cowled wizards hounding your every step
and there are some things you just can't do (but would do if you were evil)
Its a bit unfair
The game lets you be chaotic evil then throws in thing like Arkenis Garth if you try to kill Renal for example.
Old 05-21-2001, 04:04 PM   #16
Legolas the Elven Archer

What's that talk about being an evil ranger? Rangers can only be of Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic Good alignment. You could use Shadowkeeper or something like that to change that, but you'd still be a fallen ranger when yur reputation takes a nosedive. Not such a good idea now, is it

One of the problems I had with being evil was the way I felt I had to react to people made me feel somewhat guilty, not unlike Raze. Following the evil path means you have to be rude. The kind of evil where you pretend to be kind to people in order to rob them of their riches is almost absent in the game, which is a shame, as that would probably make me feel less guilty (and it would be more fun too!).

Old 05-21-2001, 04:08 PM   #17
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I feel that the worst thing about playing evil (which I'm currently doing) is the fact, which Memnoch mentioned, that you get less XPs and treasure. Especially early in the game, you need all of the gold and XPs you can get to level up quickly. I've dualled a 9th level Berserker to Thief and I'm desperately trying to get him up to 10th level as quickly as possible.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-21-2001, 04:37 PM   #18
jabidas
Silver Dragon

There is really no huge difference apart from in some quests like the piece of red cloth quest from the graeyard or the druid quest. Thats my problem with the game they shoud have clearly evil quests sometimes like assasinating a highpriest of a church but the quests have a good or a barely implemented evil ending, evil is more of a by the way this is an option than a valid way of going through the game
**Spoiler**

The one great evil thing you can do is give away andolens eggs to the demon they raise in drow city.

------------------
Old 05-21-2001, 07:32 PM   #19
The_Blade_Bard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just play Lawfal Nuetral(Lawful so i get psuedo dragon familiar

------------------
The blade strikes,
the enemies fall,
that is the way,
of a child of Bhall
Old 05-21-2001, 08:10 PM   #20
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackAssassin:
i wish you would talk a bit more coherently killer. your posts make my head hurt.
Um. English is not his native language. Give him a break!

------------------