Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2002, 09:45 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I have The Talisman and Everything's Eventual.

Anyone want them? I don't plan on re-reading these books, and there are no used bookstores nearby to give them to, so if anyone wants any of these books, please post here. I'll ask you to e-mail me an address to mail it to, no charge, it's on me. I could just of course stick them in a box and next year a charity organization would take them, but if I'm going to give them away, I'd just rather give them to a fellow Ironworker [img]smile.gif[/img] If anyone wants them here of course.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 01:33 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
A very nice gesture of you Lady Z, i have both books, but i just wanted to point something out to you. Someday in the future you'll be bored, and then those books would come in handy. You can't just give The King away that easy!
Old 08-24-2002, 01:17 PM   #3
AndyG
Elminster

I agree. I've given all of my Stephen King books to my church's tag sale, and now I regret it. I'd love to re-read It or the Tommyknockers.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:06 AM   #4
Lady Blade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If your sure about selling them you can always to it on-line at Yahoo.co.uk. But really i agree with the others, there will come a time when you'll regret it.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:57 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

WOW! I hate I missed this offer from the generous LadyZ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 02:10 PM   #6
Kaltia
Jack Burton

my favourite was carrie I won't watch the films of the boks but Carrie's ending nearly made me cry...after all that and he made her a victim....
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 09:26 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
WOW! I hate I missed this offer from the generous LadyZ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
You didn't miss it Ronn, do you want one or both of them? Let me know.

See, I read TONS of books, I buy them in fours, so mostly have trouble keeping up, and some books, once read, I have no desire to re-read. As for Stephen King, there are some of his books that I hang onto, like his Gunslinger Dark Tower series, so I can re-read them once the next installment is in the bookstores, to refresh. Two years ago, when I first came on Ironworks, I did the same thing, had a ton of books I wanted to get rid of, and made the same thread as this one, and had quite a reception in replies, and ended up sending three people all sorts of books, I was glad to give them to them, made me feel good, no problem at all, no skin of my nose, and I don't regret it at all. I like to give good books I've read to friends so they can read them, much more fulfilling to me than selling them or giving them away to charity (which I've done as well).

So, let me know Ronn, I'd still have them and would be more than happy to send them to you if you want them. [img]smile.gif[/img] The Talisman is a great book btw, I'm reading the sequel right now, which was written what? ten years later or something like that! If you like it, I can send you the sequel as well, Black House, I figure by the time you finish The Talisman I'll be finished with Black House. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-14-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I've never read either, so it sounds great to me. Just email me at ronn_bman@hotmail.com . Thanks Again!

[ 09-14-2002, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-15-2002, 04:39 PM   #9
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Sorry I missed out on these. I love Stephen King.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:37 PM   #10
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Avalon:
Sorry I missed out on these. I love Stephen King.
Have you read Everything's Eventual LadyA? It is a big book of short stories by Stephen King. I can send you that one if you want and just give the Talisman books to Ronn. I already know your addy, so just let me know! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps