Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2003, 11:48 PM   #1
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

its been a few years since I played BG1 (been playing lots of BG2 though) but I've recently decided to take my first character right through BG1-BG2 from start to finish.

my party is (including role and marching order)
Minsc - Primary tank
PC - dwarven f/c - Primary tank / healer
Jaheira - secondary tank / slinger / healing
Coran - secondary tank / archer / thieving
Garrick - Crossbow / 2nd mage
Dynheir - Primary mage / slings

minsc - Spiderbane +2, full plate
PC - Warhammer +2 +1 elec, plate mail + med shield +1
jaheira - club, plate mail, med shield +1
Coran - longsword +2 +1 cold, nightshade armour or whatever its called
Garrick - Shortsword +2, crossbow, chainmail +2 (removes to cast magic)
dynheir - dagger +2, sling, Robe of the Good Archmagi

so you see the problem... my whole party has got +2 level equipment except Jaheira... I also have a set of ankheg armour on order (for PC i think)

I have done almost everything up to Cloakwood 4 except a few maps in the Firewine bridge area (firewine, gullykin, ulcaster, wood of sharp teeth)

I have done everything west of the main road to Amn, including all towns. have I missed any good weapons (apart from I didnt pickpocket or kill Drizzt) that Jaheira or anyone else can use ? (I want Jaheira to keep her shield so I dont want a staff +1)

EDIT: I should say that even though I have TotSC installed, I dont plan on going to those areas untill just before the end battle (unless i can get a nice scimitar outside dulags tower or something, can I ?)

[ 02-28-2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: karlosovic ]
Old 03-01-2003, 12:22 AM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

remember Jaheria can use a scimitar but you need Tales of the Sword Coast to find a Scimitar in the game.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:35 AM   #3
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Jay can do NASTY things to mages with the Dagger of Venom. It should be standard equipment for her.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 03:45 AM   #4
D*Ranged

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfingers:
Jay can do NASTY things to mages with the Dagger of Venom. It should be standard equipment for her.
I find DoV to be better off used as a backstab weapon...

Try stealing Drizzt's scimitar +3, identify it then give Jaheira that. That's what I usually do.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:41 AM   #5
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
I have done everything west of the main road to Amn, including all towns. have I missed any good weapons (apart from I didnt pickpocket or kill Drizzt) that Jaheira or anyone else can use ? (I want Jaheira to keep her shield so I dont want a staff +1)
I missed Drizzt's scimitar, since I'm a generally good party, i didnt think it would really fit to kill the only good dark elf around, and i didnt like my chances at stealing it off him. wouldnt he be holding it anyway ? (oh... no dual wielding in BG1, its his other one is it ? does that mean you get them both if you DO kill him ?)

anyway... might take butterfingers suggestion... where do I find that dagger ? or should I give jay the dagger +2 from the revenant ? didnt think of giving her a dagger
Old 03-01-2003, 07:49 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

IIRC, the Dagger of Venom is sold in Beregost, by the blacksmith.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
Korvanik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

possible spoiler

I think you should pick pocket Drizzt for his scimitar +3 or you can go to durlags tower and go up on to the roof but look out for basilisks, in one of the western pillar on the roof, contains a scimitar +2. Or finally you could pick pocket Kirinhale who is on the level before the roof. If you pick pocket her you will get a staff/spear +2 which i think is better then the staff +3.

I hope you will have patience wiht my grammar and spelling.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:20 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Even though Drizzt's weapons are indeed Scimitars, I'm not sure Druids can use them. When they (and Drizzt himself) were created, Scimitars didn't exist, and so Drizzt's swords were actually implemented as Long Swords, which is why Thieves can use (and Backstab) with them. So perhaps pickpocketing Mr. Do'Urden won't do you any good after all.

Good 2-handed weapons for Jaheira:
- Staff Spear
- Staff of Striking

Good 1-handed weapons for Jaheira:
- Scimitar+2
- Staff Mace
- Dagger+2
- Dagger of Venom
- Longtooth Dagger

Since you say that you're not heading to the ToSC areas until you're almost done with the game, looks like J's gonna be stabbing some folks.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:46 PM   #9
BetterThanU
Elite Waterdeep Guard

she is good with a mace +1
Old 03-02-2003, 12:35 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

No, actually she isn't, as Druids cannot use Maces. No Clubs, either, for the reason that enchanted Clubs simply do not exist in BG1. (The entire BG series has the weirdest prejudice against Clubs, as a matter of fact.)