Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 06:58 AM   #1
Snowking
Dungeon Master

What do you guys think of druid?To me,druid in iwd 2 is very disappointing,it seems to me that druids are underpowered.the shapeshifting is quite useless and the spells are also quite weak.So what can i use the druid for?Perhaps i am wrong,what do you think?
Snowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:23 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Icewind Dale 2 druids are ver powerfull. In Baldur's Gate II they were just toned down clerics. Now they have lots of powerfull attacking spells, they have some buffs, and they can heal people. It's like a sorcerer that can use healing magic while wearng an armor and has more hitpoints.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:39 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Yup... druids are great....add some fighter level(s) and you get an excellent tank/spellcaster combination... hes good good spells which are not available to any other classes like call lightning, static charge, entangle, creeping doom
Old 06-17-2003, 11:58 PM   #4
spydar

I luv the druid spells, in fact druids are my favorite class for ID2. the range of spells and different types is great, plus you have clerical spells to throw on top of it. and as for shapeshifting, well I never really used that much anyway. But I also think that the whole game has a sorta nature-hippy feel to it, making druids fit in nicely.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:43 AM   #5
Mundus
Dungeon Master

I have to say that i was v disappointed with th druid in IWD 2 - the offensive spells arent that gr8 an the healing an buff spells arent as good as a cleric's i ended up gettin rid of my druid an replaced him with cleric