Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 09:46 AM   #1
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Since I have read some disquieting threads about this I just want to be completely safe.

How do I initiate the Paladin stronghold quest properly? Is it just a question of travelling to the Windspear Hills?

I know that in order to make the subsequent stronghold quests work properly I should refrain from killing Firkraag on first sight.

[ 11-24-2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Indemaijinj ]
Old 11-22-2002, 09:49 AM   #2
Whailor

Spoilerish
Not sure if you have to kill Firkraag to start it, or just save the daughter, but one doesn't hurt another [img]smile.gif[/img] But generally speakin, once the Garrens and his daughter issues are behind, Garren will tell you to go to speak with the prelate in Order and then it will start.

EDIT: I said "not sure" because I always did kill Firkraag and thus the quest always started

[ 11-22-2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Whailor ]
Old 11-22-2002, 10:14 AM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

It is preferable to kill Firkraag later. You'll know when the time is right.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 10:14 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The proper way, to maximise your Paladin Stronghold experience.

Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Quote:
Source
Paladins

Talk to Lord Jierdan in the Copper Coronet and take his quest. Go to the Windspear Hills and help Garren, but don't kill the Red Dragon yet! Garren offers to help you enter the Order of the Radiant Heart. Go to their Headquarters and talk to Prelate Wesselan and William Reirac to get a room. Now you can start your quests.
Quest 1: You are asked to go to the Umar Hills and rescue some knights. Head there and you'll be brought to the site of the battle. Try to kill all the enemies while keeping the knights alive. Return home to get your reward.

Quest 2: Now you are asked to help a Baron in the Umar Hills. Talk to the guy (he's in the Inn), then to the ones just outside the Inn. Then talk to the Baron again and tell him what you learned from the guys outside. A fight breaks out. Kill the Baron. The farmers will thank you for doing this deed. Return home and make your report.

Quest 3: You'll be asked to help the Morningales with their problems. Head to the Docks district and enter the house just to the right of the temple. Talk to Tyrianna and defend her from the assassins that arrive. Then her godfather arrives. Use Detect Evil on him. If he is evil, kill him. Otherwise, give her over to him. Return home and make your report.

Quest 4: You'll be asked to slay the red dragon! Head to the Windspear Hills and deal with him. Use the dragon-slaying techniques that I have already outlined. Your goal is the rescue of the Holy Avenger!
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 01:36 PM   #5
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

New developement: It seems that no matter what I have done Prelate Wesselan will always respond to me by throwing a wad of XP after Anomen. This overrides whatever else he was going to say.

What should I do about this obvious bug?
Old 11-22-2002, 01:49 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Indemaijinj:
New developement: It seems that no matter what I have done Prelate Wesselan will always respond to me by throwing a wad of XP after Anomen. This overrides whatever else he was going to say.
What should I do about this obvious bug?
Simple enough. Tell Anomen to stand aside.

Aka, kick him out of the party and tell him to stay where he is. After you shakes hands with the Prelate and join the order, make Anomen rejoin you and talk to the Prelate again and shake hands again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 01:56 PM   #7
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Only problem is that I am trying out the Anomen romance.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:09 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Indemaijinj:
Only problem is that I am trying out the Anomen romance.
--Oh. Well, in that case..... Save your game, and be prepared to Reload it if this doesn't work. Send Anomen into a house, or far away from you on some map. Kick him out. Before he can walk back and talk to you, take the rest of your party into a party-required area (such as the High Hall of the Radiant Heart). Talk to the Prelate, etc, and then go back to where Anomen is. When he runs up to ask if you really wanted to kick him out of the party, you can say, "No," and your romance should proceed.

As for not killing the Dragon until completing all the other quests: Oh, so you're saying that I should let the powerful evil continue to dominate the land, and only go destroy it when I can wring the most possible EXP out of the quest? That would be the Lawful Good thing to do? Hmmmmmm.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:34 PM   #9
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

what if your playing a paladin and you've already killed firkaag and done the umar hills quest? can you still do it?
Old 11-23-2002, 06:43 AM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
what if your playing a paladin and you've already killed firkaag and done the umar hills quest? can you still do it?
If you've killed Firkragg - no, you can't get the Paladin Stronghold.
If you only have done the Umar Hills - yes, you can get the Paladin Stronghold.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote