Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2000, 09:04 AM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hello, I have started this game with a human berserker which I immediately dualed to a cleric. Now, when the cleric's level is past the berserker's, I can berserk and do all the fun stuff with my fighter. The problem is that I can't cast any spells anymore. I tried to remove all armor and see if that would work, but it didn't. I looked at my spellbook, and it was full, and I am outrested. What is wrong???

Please help
Old 12-22-2000, 09:23 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there!
have you tried the new patch? It would solve some problems with spells when dualclass is concerned, if you have, I don´t know wha would help you out, I have heard that dauling barbarians and fighters to wizards, have hold some problems with the original game..

Howl with me! Something mean and green came to my home!
Old 12-22-2000, 09:26 AM   #3
Armisael

Never heard of that. I didn't think a buick at full speed could stop a cleric spell. A couple of unlikely possibilities are your weapon, or that you're trying to cast while you're berserking, but I really don't know. Are the spells greyed out, or just not there?

Old 12-22-2000, 10:50 AM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

A patch? Where do I get that?

No, I stripped him, and I can't even press the "magic-button". I didn't try this while I was berserking or in combat or "dialoge-mode".
(sometimes you can't save because you are in dialoge-mode, even though you are not (in dialoge-mode)) {hope you understand }
Old 12-22-2000, 02:52 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have had that can't save problem, all I did was leave a party required area to get an auto-save, then quit. You still can't save, but you can load the auto-save after you re-start your computer. I think what happens there is that your RAM gets full, and the computer can't deal with any more info...the patch is at either interplay.com, or the Baldur's Gate 2 home page. I don't know how to insert URL's, or I would. I think there's a link to the patch on the bg2 page of Ironworks too.
Old 12-22-2000, 03:02 PM   #6
Glorick the Half-Orc

Did you try sleeping? Until you sleep, you won't get the magic button. Plus you need to select some spells b4 you sleep in the cleric spell tab.

Old 12-22-2000, 06:21 PM   #7
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks, I think I will try that patch.

As for the last reply>> Yes, I memorized and slept then removed armor, weapons etc. Still no button. I think I will try this patch and see if it get's better, otherwise I'll be back.

Thanks for all the help
Old 12-22-2000, 08:08 PM   #8
Armisael

Hang on, so there's just no casting button there at all? Has it been replaced by more weapon 'quickslots'? That definitely sounds like a bug to me.

Old 12-26-2000, 04:27 PM   #9
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aye, the patch was great, the button is there now. Now the computer doesn't lock anymore which was quite annoying after going through a big fight.

Thanks for the help