Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 10:21 AM   #51
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

we're getting paid tomorrow, hopefully we're not too in the red to help. nathan just got a great job and so i hope we can be more helpful in the future. i feel bad when all we can do is 1 or 2 dollars, but if you get the subscription thing going, like $5 a month from one or both of us my be possible, once we get someother bills paid. take care, and good luck, hopefully your paypal account will hear from our paypal account tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:21 AM   #52
MagiK

I was for the monthly subscriiption fee the first time it was brought up [img]smile.gif[/img] And I will plunk down some $$$$ if Z can get a regularly electronicly billed thing going.....a fire and forget deduction monthly would work well for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2003, 01:22 PM   #53
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

If theres going to be a monthly fee you got to post it everywere because i think alot of kids, like me, will have to leave the forum because our parents would get pissed if they got a bill in the mail! I was saving up to re-buy BG1 but I might send the money to you Z if my parents let me.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:24 PM   #54
Kaltia
Jack Burton

'Sides, you can buy BG1 for abpout $5 now [img]smile.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:00 PM   #55
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I think the idea is not compulsory subscriptions but voluntary ones from us older, longtime members, who most definitely donot want our favorite forum to close.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:03 PM   #56
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

An optional fee would not send all the kiddies packin'. I like all you kiddies and want to see you hang around. Heck, I'm all for helping subsidize the next generation of RPG gamers - certainly a worthy cause. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

And, Kaltia, BG may only cost $5. It was $19 when I bought it. And I got SoA for about the same price. But then I spent $150 on an external hard drive to house multiple copies of the games, more $$ on expansions, $40 on a USB data device, etc. The point is that enjoying these games costs much more than the price of the games.

Plus, while BG is why I found IWF, at this point it is certainly no more than 20% of the value I take out of IWF.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:17 PM   #57
MagiK

TL you're an addict As Attalus said the site would not turn into a pay only, it would just allow us more established members to contribute to help keep the financials from being too burdensome on Z.

[ 03-31-2003, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 03-31-2003, 02:19 PM   #58
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
If theres going to be a monthly fee you got to post it everywere because i think alot of kids, like me, will have to leave the forum because our parents would get pissed if they got a bill in the mail! I was saving up to re-buy BG1 but I might send the money to you Z if my parents let me.
That is exactly the type of scenario we hope to avoid Dar'tanian. We don't want to lose ANY members. Those who can donate realize that many others cannot - especially some of the younger members.

I remember what it was like in my teen years. That was looooong before computers were a "household appliance" and concepts like "internet" and "cyberspace" were only found in science fiction books. Still, there were a couple of organizations I had wanted to join when I was teenager...but I couldn't afford the annual fee....so I know where you're coming from.

With 11,000+ members, it should easy to bring in enough to cover the monthly expenses.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:21 PM   #59
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sounds like we all agree that we as a community can do our best to subscribe to this forum. So how 'bout it Z, whats the goal for each month? You gonna share the info with us? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 02:56 PM   #60
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
There was a debate on how to fund IWF about a year ago, and every form of compulsory payment (members only areas, special avatars, anything you couldnt get without paying) was voted down. A fair proportion of members said they would leave if such things were introduced, as I recall. So you have no worries on that score. What is being discussed is a voluntary thing, no obligation nor reward.