Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2002, 06:56 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

This is just a short one, guys.

Recently, I've seen a rise in the number of people using various colors for their fonts. I don't have a problem with this, as long as you follow two rules:

1) Don't use font colors that are low-contrast to the background of the forum. Sorry, but brown on brown just won't cut it, and I hate having to click and drag over nearly unreadable text to highlight it just so I can read it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

2) Since you must use HTML tags to make your text change color, remember to close your tags! Not doing so messes up the forum tags for the rest of the thread, and can potentially corrupt a thread. It also makes it very difficult for those of us who are quoting a thread and then our text turns your color because you forgot to close the tag. Just remember to follow your colored text with a < /font > tag (spaces removed).

Thanks,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-20-2002, 07:13 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
If you change colours a few times in a thread, say one paragraph blue, one green whatever, do you have to close the tags after every colour? Or is one < /font > at the end enough?
Old 02-20-2002, 08:21 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
If you change colours a few times in a thread, say one paragraph blue, one green whatever, do you have to close the tags after every colour? Or is one < /font > at the end enough?

You have to close each different font.

It is one for one.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:24 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

YUP a < /font > needs to be after each one.

And AMEN to that post, Saz! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Old 02-21-2002, 12:29 AM   #5
Campino

It may be a good idea for those of use who want to
use HTML to use this link
as a reference.Surely helped me out

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Campino ]

Old 02-21-2002, 03:39 AM   #6
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Well if people want their stuff to be read, they should put it in a readable colour.

Their own fault if their posts get ignored because we cant see them.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-21-2002, 03:40 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm just curious: why do some of you feel the need to post in a different color all the time? I don't have a problem unless you don't do what Saz said, but don't you find it a hassle to constantly open and close the HTML tags? [img]graemlins/confused5.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2002, 03:44 AM   #8
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I'm just curious: why do some of you feel the need to post in a different color all the time? I don't have a problem unless you don't do what Saz said, but don't you find it a hassle to constantly open and close the HTML tags? [img]graemlins/confused5.gif[/img]

Perhaps they have it copied, then they paste it everytime they make a new post?
Perhaps they want to be unique?
Perhaps they feel they dont get enough attention?
(no offence meant to those who use different colours!)
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-21-2002, 04:31 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

I use some specific ones in an attempt to taunt Larry... also, its fun pure and simple. (as opposed to using real butter!!
Old 02-21-2002, 08:40 AM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Okiley Dokiley!

Just kidding by the way [img]tongue.gif[/img]