Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 01:36 PM   #1
steelcow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

[This contains heavy spoilers for Marten's Bluff]

[Spoiler Space]

I'm currently trying to locate the 'Idol' in Marten's Bluff and need some help.

I've gotten down inside the 'Lower Bluff' and met with Z'Ant, along with using the dead T'Rang's arm to open the tunnels below. I've gotten through the painting and read Marten's final words.

The problem is that I think I've been everywhere in Marten's Bluff, and I still haven't seen any 'Idol' that the Shaman back in Trynton wanted me to acquire.

I also have some red/yellow wires (found on the same dead T'Rang where I got the severed arm) and nothing to do with them. What's the scoop? I'd really like some help because the Idol seems to be my only gateway into continuing the main storyline.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2001, 01:38 PM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

The idol is in one of the upper rooms in the castle (where ya get the T'Rang arm, if memory serves me correctly)...
Old 12-06-2001, 02:07 PM   #3
Case00
Manshoon

You need to come in through the mine entrance to get the idol. Just walking into the castle won't take you to the correct room.
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 02:13 PM   #4
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quite right. Sorry, forgot that's how I originally got in was through the mine.
Old 12-06-2001, 03:00 PM   #5
steelcow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What?!! You need to come in through the /mine/ entrance?!

Firstly, where is the mine?

Secondly, wasn't I sent to Marten's Bluff for the Idol?

Thirdly, what NPC tells you to go through the mine?

Fourth, thanks for the help.

Cheers!
Old 12-06-2001, 03:28 PM   #6
Moni

You don't have to go through the mine to get the idol.
You do have to figure out how to open the doorway to the rooms the idol is in though...guessing it is some switch inside the T'Rang base 'cause I never went through the mines and I clicked on everything I could get my hands on LOL and when I got back to the entrance (with the squisher walls) the doorway across the walkway was open.
I could be totally wrong and there could be a way through the T'Rang base into that area or you don't have to click on anything (since I don't know for sure how it came open for me)...I do know though, that I did not have to go through the mines.
(the entrance to the mines area (which will bring you around to an area in Marten's Bluff is N of the swamp)
Old 12-06-2001, 03:52 PM   #7
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Doing this by memory here... the mine entrance can be accessed when you go through the swamp into the area where the T'Rang are... if you go through the secret door, then talk to that T'Rang which tells ya to talk to Z'Ant, click on the purple buttons on the wall, and a panel will lift, which will give directions how the mine should be set up. Then go up the path, there should be a shack, some stuff on the wall which is where you change the directions of the "mine." Set it up that way and follow that through.

If I am not mistaken, you follow that around - and use the catapult thingie to get access. Then from there it's foggy. I can't recall if it's there, or if you have to go into the glass room and onto that elevator thingie. But it's in one of the upper rooms of the castle - because I remember after I got the idol and (well something happens), I peered through the window upstairs and could see bugs downstairs.

(Sorry at work, and been playing Wiz8 nearly non stop so everything's really fuzzy in my head... someone with more sense can probably tell ya more detail, or correct me, LOL)