Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2002, 05:43 PM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok I've explored most of level 2 but a few things have me stuck. I used the lightning shooter to open the shadow door to the altar room. I've tried both options-use his name to address him causes the altar to throw some damage on me and says go away without a sacrifice. Not using his name gets the whirlwind from hell and you cant hit it. Exactly what do I have to do.
Part 2- the frozen door with the tree root. How do I get it to open? I've shot the damn lightning every way (I think anyway) that it can be shot.
SPOIL ME PLEASE!!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2002, 06:00 PM   #2
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Theres a stairway with a picture by it when you pick a phrase from the selection you activate a different place that the stairs take you to..Save first and try different responses...Hope that helps if not dbl JD with a beer chaser,and try again!
Old 09-10-2002, 08:00 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Thanks John I thought I had tried all the options on the painting-Oops! So I got the ring that I assume was the equipment of Nicolaus, yet he wont aknowledge I have it. Does he have more stuff elsewhere? Also what is supposed to happen in the altar room? I know I'm doing it wrong somehow and its frustrating me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nicks' equipment is in a bag of holding that only he can open,you'll know it when you findit.(I hope Nick is the guy you broke out of his cell and not the guy in the bedroom?!My memory is going faster than my hair!!This place took me days to figure out...
Old 09-10-2002, 09:40 PM   #5
Vornae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lord of Alcohol
Which way does the gun have to shoot to get the shadow door to open adn also any clues how you get into the battle room and the play room

Vornae
Vornae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 02:23 AM   #6
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Vornae:
Lord of Alcohol
Which way does the gun have to shoot to get the shadow door to open adn also any clues how you get into the battle room and the play room

Vornae
1/ Towards the north. And the first mirror it hits has to face the left (the mirror is turnable).

2/ From the painting room in level 1. Each of the 8 (?) answer lead to a different room, try it out.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:26 AM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

********** SPOILERS GALORE **********
To open the shadow door is a 2 step process:

1. Take your party back upstairs and go to the stairway that has the talking picture. Go down the stairs. The picture asks for a word or phrase. Select "Lysan". You will be teleported into the "shadow room".

"Embrace the Shadow" means moving 1 character into the shadow that you'll see in the middle of the room. That character will take some small damage, but the outer door (to the west) can now be opened.

The inner door must be opened with a lightning bolt.

2. Leave all but 1 of your party in the eastern half of the "shadow room". Take your weakest character back to the central prism room.

FYI, you'll need to shift the mirror just north of the N prism room door to the W first.

Aim the lightning gun (whatever you want to call it) to the N.

Fire a shot. This will open the inner (northern) door of the shadow room. Leave your character in the prism room as is for now.

Take 1 and only 1 (your highest HP) character into the newly opened room.

There's a talking alter in there. After a quick conversation, a whirlwind appears and the door closes behind you. Have your single tough character run away from the Wwind. Have your character in the prism room fire another shot from the lightning gun to reopen the door.

Have your trapped character exit the room. Have your character in the prism room run back to rejoin the rest of the party. (not the reverse) After you leave the shadow room, more joyful melee wackiness ensues.

Enjoy. Just completed this last night. What a pain. I like the fighting, but I'm not big on the puzzles.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:14 AM   #8
Kalak
The Magister

SPOILER!
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
1. An evil aligned character takes no damage and is unaffected by the shadow trap b/c it cast UNHOLY BLIGHT, which my evilly aligned thief just loved.

2. Also, it isn't neccessary to leave a character behind at the prism. Once in the room after entering from the staircase, just open the door, go to the prism, shoot the thing, walk back, and wallah! the door is open...then if you use on of the protection from lightning scrolls which are abundant, or use a clerics elemental shield, AND you are smart enough not to wonder aimlessly into the whirlwind you'll take no to little damage (i did it with 5 points of damage). Watch out though for the ambush at the secret door you opened to fire the prism...I had my spellcasters facing it and had to reload and do it again.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:47 AM   #9
Magness
Quintesson

Kalak,

When I did the shadow room, I didn't leave a character behind to fire the lightning gun a 2nd time. However, once my Paladin destroyed the altar and the whirlwind appeared, the door to the room closed and locked behind her and it was necessary to fire the lightning gun a 2nd time.

I had to send a character BACK to the prism room and keep my pally running away from the whirlwind at the same time. Leaving the character back in the prism room in the first place would have simplified matters.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 06:26 PM   #10
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

praise you m'lord of alchool!!

long live sex alchool and rock'N roll!!!
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote