Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 12:52 PM   #1
Poatic
Welcomed New User

Okay , I have Windows XP Corp Pro Ed.. Okay i havent had any problems With Wizards And warriors Except My first set of cd's had to major scratches on each one .. and i had to buy new ones ... But anyways I installed WinXp ..
Then Installed Wiz & War Copied over my Saved Games and The Roster.Dat
I Then Went to continue on with My saved Game went back to the town, And i Cant enter the Bushido Guild , The temple , And Now I cant Leave By Eithier Exit ... So I turned it Off tried a different Save again ..Same thing ..
etc..... I tried Seperate towns Same Problem Different guilds ... So i was Wondering If Anyoen Heard of a patch /fix/workaround/ im screwed / I Know it/ Im gonna have to uninstall win xp / Helppppppp......... I would Partition My hd but seeing as how win xp is the primary Partition and windows 98/me/ cant be a logical partition, i would have to uninstall , partition, reinstall , punch the computer a few times yatayata.. bla bla .. Then reinstall Wiz & war run into a new problem - scream and cry smack the computer hurt my hand therefore become handicapped and unable to play wiz and war... so yeah .. anyways if anyone knows a way to get around the whole town prob please let me know ..
Poatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 12:57 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Poatic!!!

Try checking Saz' techie help desk thread to see if there is some useful tips on resolving your problem there. Sounds very much like the Win2K problems - so hopefully the same fixes will apply!

Cross post to there too and include all the information you can about your hardware/OS/memory etc etc. every bit of information helps!

I'm going to check to see that the thread is on the top page, I'll bump it if it has scrolled!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 02:02 PM   #3
Poatic
Welcomed New User

Thanks wyv ... It worked i extracted the townavi files and now it owrks fine .. thanks ...
Poatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 05:41 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hurrah!!!

Knew it sounded too close to a known problem but wasn't sure if it was going to be as easily corrected! Delighted to find out it can be!

HAVE FUN!!!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote