Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 11:13 PM   #1
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

hey guys. i've passed this game a few times but not for a while. i can't remember if there are any advantages with earning cash with the theives or bodie. also if you choose the graveyard, can you get edwin in your party?

is doing the graveyard more annoying and longer (if i remember right it is)

plz refresh me anyone!! lol
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

You can have Edwin in your arty as long as your reputation isnt too high. Oh, and Bohdi quests are much harder, Linvail gives you nice items. Bodhi doesn't. You can also get help from the Shadow Thieves again.

SPOILER
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
You can ask for their to get a item from Bohdi and kill her.
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:24 PM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockstar:
i can't remember if there are any advantages with earning cash with the theives or bodie. also if you choose the graveyard, can you get edwin in your party? is doing the graveyard more annoying and longer (if i remember right it is)
You'll need the same amount of cash for both sides, and eventually get the same items. However, there is more experience to be had if you side with the thieves, and you'll get an interesting item if you side with Bodhi. (Don't ask me what this item is--either have someone else tell you or side with Bodhi yourself. I'm not gonna spoil everything. )

You can still get Edwin and side with Bodhi as long as you don't side with the thieves first. I'm not sure if you can finish the Mae'Var quest and report back to Renal and still side with Bodhi.

Personally, I prefer Bodhi over the thieves. Her quests are interesting and actually accomplish a goal, rather than being Aran's messenger boy then mercenary. But it's up to the character and ultimately the player to decide which is better.

PS: If the PC is a thief, forget about siding with Bodhi. She doesn't trust thieves. Wonder why.

PPS: Once you pick a side, the game forces you to be loyal to that side. So no siding with the thieves then shooting up the stronghold--at least, unless you really want to meet Arkanis Gath.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:21 AM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Pirengle, IIRC, you do not get the same items in the end. You get more items if you join with the Shadow Thieves instead.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 01:46 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually... you get more items if you join Bodhi's side. All of the items that Aran Linvail gives you, plus 3 additional items.

Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:10 AM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Actually... you get more items if you join Bodhi's side. All of the items that Aran Linvail gives you, plus 3 additional items.

Wow, that's a surprise. I've never sided with Bodhi, but I've always read that Aran Linvail gives better/more items than Bodhi. This is something new. But I guess it balances out: Linvail= more xp, Bodhi= more items

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 04:32 AM   #7
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

spoilers

The point is that if you are with bodi, you can sack the aran linvail's room, and then get some items. One basic and ultra important item you will have anyway. The rest while nice, are hardly THAT important.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 04:35 AM   #8
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

but you can't get a certain ring, iirc...but you get a different ring in replacement...
spoilers...

(you can't get ring of lockpicks if you side with bodhi, but you can get the ring of genie summoning) this ring is important in item upgrade mod...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:05 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Userunfriendly:
but you can't get a certain ring, iirc...but you get a different ring in replacement...
spoilers...
(you can't get ring of lockpicks if you side with bodhi, but you can get the ring of genie summoning) this ring is important in item upgrade mod...
You do not need to side with Aran Linvail to get that Ring. You just need to get it before siding with Bodhi.

The Ring of Lockpicks is in the basement. The Ring of Djinn Summoning is in Aran Linvail's room. Unless there is a second Ring of Lockpicks I am unaware of.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:13 AM   #10
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

But Dundee, don't you get the key to the basement when you side with the Shadow Thieves? So without siding with the Shadow Thieves you can't get in the basement until you get the key in Bodhi's quests and in that case the ring won't be there?