Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2003, 12:46 PM   #1
GForce

I have a a very large forest made. Now I want to put some little houses and other structures. How do I do this? I have looked around the toolset and I do have the guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please I don't want a link. Just some simple or detailed directions would suffice. As always, thanks a bunch great people of Ironworks.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:29 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

All you get with the forest set is available under the features and groups menu's located just above where you select tiles to paint.

Now if you are trying to create the interiors of these places, you need to make a new area with the city interior or castle interior tileset, paint an inside, and link it to the forest.

Does this help? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2003, 02:29 PM   #3
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
All you get with the forest set is available under the features and groups menu's located just above where you select tiles to paint.

Now if you are trying to create the interiors of these places, you need to make a new area with the city interior or castle interior tileset, paint an inside, and link it to the forest.

Does this help? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hmmm. I had suspected there should be some kind of link option or button but can you tell me where to look for it? I'm not at home to look in the toolset so that's why I'm asking. Thanks very much for your help.

[ 06-19-2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: GForce ]
Old 06-19-2003, 02:52 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by GForce:
Hmmm. I had suspected there should be some kind of link option or button but can you tell me where to look for it? I'm not at home to look in the toolset so that's why I'm asking. Thanks very much for your help. [/QB]
You can link areas by creating a door or an area transition trigger in both the areas. Then set up an area transition with the area transition tab in the item properties of one of the doors or triggers.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
Hmmm. I had suspected there should be some kind of link option or button but can you tell me where to look for it? I'm not at home to look in the toolset so that's why I'm asking. Thanks very much for your help.
You can link areas by creating a door or an area transition trigger in both the areas. Then set up an area transition with the area transition tab in the item properties of one of the doors or triggers. [/QB][/QUOTE]Just how do you PLACE THE DOOR? I'm able to select and move a pre-made door around but was unable to place it. So a trigger is actually what I need to do before placing a door. My apologies for writing like an incompetent module creator, which I am at this point. Doh! When I get home, I'll try what you mentioned above. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:34 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Just how do you PLACE THE DOOR? I'm able to select and move a pre-made door around but was unable to place it. So a trigger is actually what I need to do before placing a door. My apologies for writing like an incompetent module creator, which I am at this point. Doh! When I get home, I'll try what you mentioned above. Thanks. [/QB]
No you need a tile with room exit or entrance. I don't know what it's called exactly but in that you can put the door. You either use a door or a area transition trigger, which depends on if there is a door, if you link two outdoor areas there probably won't be a door so you use the trigger, if you link an outdoor area with an indoor area you use a door most of the time.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:02 AM   #7
Silversten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The bioware tutorial tells you how to do this sort of stuff. get it from the builder section of bioware.com
Silversten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:00 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Yeah, the tuturial is a great way to get started [img]smile.gif[/img] It doesn't cover everything however...
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote