Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 01:45 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I need to know if there are utils out there that can grab a DM's password, and come in AS a DM. Because Larry, (My Mod here) said that I DROPPED everyone in the game 5 levels, and I DIDN'T!!!! I Hope to god this isn't true.

Anyone have any info on all the Hacks out there? I need to protect our server from them if they are really bad ones. UGH. Always SOMEONE out there has to ruin it for the other folks.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:51 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Not that I know of but I'd imagine it could be done and I mean via regular hacking since people can view your IP though. I have dealt with all kinds of hacks/hackers in-game and never had someone steal my dm pass. This could easily have been a dm script that fired randomly/accidently you know as I don't think there is a way to take every player down 5 levels at once without the aid of 3rd party dm utils...

Who is 'Halaster' btw? Cause I was in there a few mins ago and saw someone by that name in DM mode..I hope it was you.

[ 06-16-2003, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 06-16-2003, 03:09 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

That sucks!
Check the server admin forums over at the NWN site. Reading some of the posts over there was a real eye-opener. Lots of exploits it seems, some being fixed and others not yet. I don't recall reading anything about DM password stealing in particular, but I would inquire about this there for sure!

If it is a hacker I hope you can hunt down their isp and sic choc on 'em!
Old 06-16-2003, 09:25 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I was going to say that I was glad to hear that you didn't do it, but now I wish it would have been you, because now we know that there is a bigger problem. Crap. I'll be in and out of the Mod then, with an eye open for any hacking that may or may not be a DM interference,,,then log out and report it immediately on the module forum. We'll find a solution. Maybe we can figure out who is online with the game at the same time that our problems begin.

Old 06-16-2003, 01:21 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

That's your best bet - checking the bioware forums and asking around there...I really have a feeling it was just some kinda weird bug though. Once, in my own server a PC was suddenly leveled-up to 20 with no reason behind it at all. I didn't level that char up and to this day I don't really know what happend to him but I saw his stats leap from 1 to 20...weird eh?
Old 06-16-2003, 02:56 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey Ziroc please keep us updated on this....My little group plans on rolling out a semi-persistent world/module this summer and I need to know what we'll be up against.

BTW- I played a bit in your module the other night! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Although I found a bit of lag in the tavern and in any fight with more than 5 monsters, I thought it was fun and well-designed. ( I got to the second level playing solo)
When I have more time to play I'll be back!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 11:01 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Hey Ziroc please keep us updated on this....My little group plans on rolling out a semi-persistent world/module this summer and I need to know what we'll be up against.

BTW- I played a bit in your module the other night! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Although I found a bit of lag in the tavern and in any fight with more than 5 monsters, I thought it was fun and well-designed. ( I got to the second level playing solo)
When I have more time to play I'll be back!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Will do! I know that patch 1.30 will corrects TONS of hackable things, so all we gotta do is wait 4 more days, and the patch SHOULD be out.

PS: Larry, I think now, I know what happened. (this happened to Larry when he was fighting some Regenerating Trolls. (That I forgot to remove). Those will give exp out everytime you drop them, then, they get up, and you 'kill' them again, and bam! More XP... a BUG Bug. I see it can also remove XP. Screwy.

I think 99.9% chance, that the trolls were the issue, Legolas and Spirit Warrior also saw these bugs, but in a different light--they GAVE lots of XP.

I'm removing those damn trolls NOW! [img]smile.gif[/img] BTW, The Boarding house on level 8 is open! So ALL secondary areas on level 8 are open, and the level 9 area is now open, with working teleporters! (The underground Sea).

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 11:09 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Freaking cool!

[ 06-16-2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote