Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2003, 01:51 PM   #1
spydar

I dunno how many of you have ever seen that new (or relatively new) cartoon series based off the Mummy with brenden fraser (sp?), but I saw it while flipping channels the other day and noticed that minsc and the mummy sound very much alike. anyone know who does the mummy's voice in the cartoon? I used to know minsc but I have since forgotten.

incidently, minsc also sounds a lot like my high school bio teacher who was this little polish guy. especially when he says "you are a smart one!"
Old 06-03-2003, 01:58 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Minsc is from Rashamen. I´ve read somewhere that that is Abeir-Torils answer to Russia.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:59 PM   #3
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Have you noticed that Bhaal sounds astoundingly like Michael Dorn? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:06 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
Have you noticed that Bhaal sounds astoundingly like Michael Dorn? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
He is Michael Dorn. As is Sarevok in hell [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:12 PM   #5
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

I could really hear it in Bhaal, but I never knew he was Sarevok in Hell? Does he reprise the role in ToB?
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:20 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

As far as i know, not.The ToB voice of Sarevok is done by Kevin Michael Richardson
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:52 PM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Might I suggest people search the back posts for "voice acting" and "voice cast" and see what they come up with? Several people made several posts on the subject, and JCompton posted a complete voice cast listing on the Black Isle forum about it, and it's linked to in a back post somewhere.

Spydar: A fast check at IMDB tells me that yes, Jim Cummings is the voice of Imhotep in the cartoon, as well as Minsc/Firkraag/Khan Zahraa/others in BG2. Oddly enough, Grey DeLisle is the voice of Evy O'Connell (Rachel Weiss' character in the movie) on the show. And Grey also voices the Nalia we all know and love. [img]tongue.gif[/img] She's also the voice of Daphne on the new Scooby-Doo series, as well as Mandy on Grim and Evil/the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Sarevok is voiced by Michael Dorn in SoA, and by Keven Michael Richardson in ToB. You might know Mr. Dorn best as Worf from the Star Trek series. Mr. Richardson is harder to place, as he does voice bit parts for just about everything. He's the only voice actor (IIRC) to show up in BG1, BG2, TotSC, ToB, IWD, and IWD2. He also does minor voice roles on the Cartoon Network cartoon Samurai Jack.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:17 PM   #8
Boutte
The Magister

If you ever want to know something ask Pirengle
Old 06-04-2003, 06:19 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Pirengle, in The Princess Bride, what was the full name of the six-fingered man?