Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 09:58 PM   #61
Moni

Agreed, no competition!
I knew construction was a potentially dangerous job, but honestly, I had no idea just how dangerous! You be careful out there!
I think your outlook on life is wonderful, myself! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Here's to making every day a happy day...
[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Cheers!
Monique

Old 04-19-2002, 10:22 PM   #62
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Try to keep stress out of your life (I know, it can be a hard task sometimes) as much as possible. I say this cause I remember a few years ago I had an extremely stressful life, and had chest pains for about three weeks straight, all the time every day. Went to the doctor, they didn't find anything. Haven't experienced those kinds of pains before that or since then. Dunno how, but stress does somehow hit you in two places, the heart, and the lower back (which I've known for a long time now). Not to say that stress is the actual cause of your problem, but merely mean it makes things worse, if that makes sense? Just take it EASY and I hope that you get a clean bill of health when you see that doctor. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I did delete the only source of stress out of my life...My Math Instructor lol.
It is looking more and more like I probably have a blocked artery.
I have been keeping an absolutely horrid diet for the last couple of months...fried lunches and KHaN's microwavable dinners...I know better.
As long as I sit still the pressure in my chest is minimized. The more I exert myself, the more pressure/pain I feel so until I can get checked out completely, I am kicking back and watching TV or sleeping (more sleeping than anything) and everyone around me has jumped to take care of most all of my responsibilities around here. I am so blessed to have KHaN and his parents in my life! I could never have asked for a better family. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Yeah I guess diet makes more of a difference than I thought. Dunno, thought that people like you and I (fairly skinny) never had to worry about stuff like calories or fat. Heck, I figure I "needed" it cause sometimes I don't eat many meals. But I ALSO remember going to doctor once and they were taking a blood sample from my arm, I usually of course look away, figure if I see it, it will hurt more, LOL. I heard this sucking noise and the nurse told me it was a piece of fat in my blood. I weigh 90 pounds. But I do have apparently fat in my blood, so who's to say that if I can clog a syringe, I can't clog an artery, no matter my weight?? Never being overweight all my life, I figured I could eat whatever I wanted forever. Beginning to think now that I can't, age makes a difference, doesn't it dammit?
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sucks, but there you have it, blah. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-19-2002, 10:44 PM   #63
Moni

LOL too true!
I've had to watch my diet for the last sixteen years...rupturing your stomach gives you a whole new outlook (and feeling lol) on what you put into it afterwards.
I had a problem with high cholesterol way back then but "it went away" when I started maintaining a better diet and I recently bagan to believe I could eat anything I wanted again...its just not so dagnabbit!
I do want to avoid open heart surgery (like its the plague lol) so hopefully I can take some medication made to lower my cholesterol as opposed to end up having bypass surgery...heh heh heh Miss Anti Meds here is even more Anti Surgery lol!
Now would probably be an excellent time for me to look into that Medic-Alert bracelet that says "Do NOT Resuscitate" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-19-2002, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 04-19-2002, 10:53 PM   #64
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I can't blame you for wanting to avoid any surgery, it is a scary thing. I've only had one surgery, and wasn't really afraid of the process, per se, but the drugs that knock you out. Was afraid I'd never wake up, man they take you out toot sweet..

You'll be OK Moni, don't start thinking dire circumstances, just relax and just cruise calmly each day until your doctor's appointment, you aren't really old you know, still have many years of life, I know when you hit the mid 30's you feel so frikken ancient and kind of accept and foresee "the end" where before you never did, even though you aren't really old yet, jumping the gun LOL. Been there, doin that LOL. Just keep your spirits high, know you aren't alone, know that you really are going to be OK, and you are smart enough to know what you now can and cannot do, etc. You'll be OK, chin up Moni, seriously [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-19-2002, 11:02 PM   #65
Moni

Yeah it is the anesthetics that frighten me the most. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well open heart surgery requires they open your chest up too and I've already had my sternum fractured, I'd rather not go back there lol!
I am going to assume it is cholesterol related and that it can be fixed with medication or even just a drastic change in diet.
40 ain't young but it darned sure ain't old yet either!
I saw the end a couple of times before I ever hit 25 and haven't reached it yet so I'm not going to worry, Wendy, but thank you for the caring and kindness in your post. You rock. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2002, 05:09 AM   #66
Sigmar
Unicorn

Well I'm a bit late but I thought I'd reply anyway we've never spoken much but I know from what I've read that you're a nice person. I hope you never have to suffer another serious heart attack in your life, and I'm glad you are feeling better.
Old 04-20-2002, 05:27 AM   #67
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

MONI you shall NOT die from us all, we all love you to i am sure of that!!!! Be careful with what you eat and drink and get some trim to and NO stressing!!! Go alone to a nice lake in an warm sunny eavning and do some fishing that is SO darn nice and relaksing.

You have helped me mutch in Wizardry 8 with your ansvers and maps of the easter egg dungoens you have created in this game so it is like i knove you pritty good!
And go to the doc [img]graemlins/docheart.gif[/img] but that i am sure you have done...and i will give you a big long and hard HUG. [img]graemlins/loveya.gif[/img] be fresh god damn it! I is nice that you share this things to us so we all can learn about things like you are going trough so we maby can take more care of the body we have!

[ 04-20-2002, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 04-20-2002, 07:50 AM   #68
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well I just have three advices for you...

PERSEVERANCE, STUDY WELL AND GOOD SLEEPING HABITS

Anyways, He won't be looking for me because I am looking for Him somewhere
Old 04-20-2002, 08:00 AM   #69
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

what can i say that hasnt been said? well i dunno much about you other than yu must be a hell of a strong person so respect yo ye fair lady.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:52 AM   #70
Moni

Sigmar, Megabot, & Madman-Rogovich,
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
*HUGS*
Thank you!

Bahamut...Look Out! He's right behind you!!!!! [img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]
The one good thing about God is that you never have to look for Him...He's always there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]