Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Candle Team: Middle of desert-lands, traveling North to Tavern with the Candle. Currently at rest at 12am.

Necklace Team: Currently being hosted by Liam in his woodland home. 12am is the time. Some are already going to bed and some are not yet ready for rest.

Shadow Mage: You'd like to know, wouldn't you! Ha!

Nanashi: New NPC introduced. Cute girl with bad temper. Currently hunting.

Reaper: Off somewhere Reaping.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:27 PM   #2
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Liam

Liam thought for a moment while looking at the door to his bedroom, then gave Larry an appologetic look.

"Unforrtunately, the bed is alrready taken, but if KayLisa does not mind, then you may sleep in the comforrtable arrmchairr you will find in that rroom." He extends a finger in the bedroom's direction. "I will sleep elsewherre, so it is only you and KayLisa that will need a place to rrest. Although, I think she has found one alrready," he adds, looking out at the druid sprawled across Arcades' back.

"Have a good rrest. If therre is anything you need, just ask." After bowing politely to Larry and watching the man walk into the bedroom, Liam turned and walked gracefully and silently towards Arcades and KayLisa. Watching them for a moment, he too looked up at the sky and surveyed the broad expanse of stars and the almost full moon.

The tall man was silent for a moment before saying huskily "Beautiful, is it not? Everry time I see this, it feels like the firrst. It makes everrything worrth while, somehow." He looked at KayLisa with his feral golden eyes. They seemed to have an inner glow to them, almost like cat eyes. "May I speak with you, prrivately?" he asked her politely.

After the two of them had reached the edge of the trees, Liam turned towards KayLisa. "I know you have alrready guessed about my trrue naturre," he said to her, touching long fingers to the top of his shirt, where she knew a familiar necklace lay hidden just out of sight. "And I would just like to say that you arre rright. I do not wish forr the otherrs to know, not yet. I'm surre that some of them have made guesses, but I do not feel it is the rright time to rreveal it to them quite yet. The element of surrprrise can be helpful when involved in dangerrous quests, such as Larrry's."

He paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "I must warrn you, in the next few nights I may begin behaving... strrangely." He cast a concerned eye up at the night sky. "The moon does not affect me as it would a werrewolf, but it is still strrong. If I should disappearr forr a while, do not worrry. I want you to know, so you may come up with an excuse forr the otherrs if they become currious. I am not asking you to lie forr me, howeverr," he added quickly, peering into her face anxiously.

Liam waved an arm airily. "I must tell you, the rreason why Neomea said "Kitty." She is the motherr of the cat that I sent to watch overr RRhi... the otherr one. I have not hearrd any news, which does not necessarrily worrry me, but I thought you should know." He bowed his head.

"Have a good night. I must check on what has been happening while I was away." He turned and moved fluidly into the forest, disappearing silently into its depths.

Anyone who was watching would have noticed that the disgruntled tigress, Chisa, had disappeared.

ooc- it is not possible for any one to have overheard, including Arcades. Liam made sure that he was out of their hearing. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Sabbiel (Sand Cat Spy )

Sabbiel continued to lope across the desert, occasionally pausing to observe his surroundings and test the old trail. It was a few days old, but he could tell he was getting closer.

The cat blended into the desert-scape easily, the hair in between his footpads protecting his paws from the extreme temperatures of the sand beneath him.

Sabbiel tested the scent again. Three males, a female, and... something else. He unconsciously growled deep in his throat. He didn't like the smell on the other creature, nor on some of the males. The Sand Cat rippled his shoulders in a cat-like shrug. But if He requested for him to find them, then he would. The small creature continued to make its way along the trail, getting closer to the camp some where in the distance.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:57 PM   #4
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Lyulfe

The elf quirked an eyebrow as he continued to lie motionless on his back, pretending to be asleep. After awhile Roderik stopped speaking in a language unknown to Silt, and Lyulfe listened as the two talked.

After awhile Silt settled down, and Roderik began tossing knives rhythmically into the air. Lyulfe watched the glimmer of the blades in the night and fire light, and slowly the silver gleam seemed to blend together as Lyulfe drifted off to sleep...

~dream sequence~

"Lyulfe!" The slight half-elf looked delighted for a moment before she pouted at him. "Why did it take you so long to fall asleep? I've been waiting for ages!"

Lyulfe's brow wrinkled for a moment as he frowned at his blood sister. "Waiting? What are you talking about? And what are you doing in my head?"

She observed him with an exasperated look. "I can believe you don't remember. You're the one who told me about this trick! When we're apart, we can connect in our dreams. Unfortunately, you might feel a little tired when you wake up," she added with an embarrassed laugh. Lyulfe sighed and rolled his eyes, but smiled again. He was glad to see her.

"Sooo, how're you and Rong, huh?" The half-elf nudged him playfully and wiggled her eyebrows. Lyulfe could feel his ears turn red and he scowled at her.

"I don't know what you're talking about. But if you must know, we're helping someone with a practically hopeless quest of regaining a lost love, and we were recently kidnapped by a flying monster but I was able to get us away." He smirked. "Silly creature, thought a sheer, rocky cliff and deadly drop would stop me, heh."

She giggled. "Well, sounds like I should've stuck with you. I'm just wandering a bit for now, sort of inbetween quests... but I should go now. If you use up any more energy, you might, uh... reveal things to your group that you won't want to..."

Lyulfe's eyebrows shot up. "What?" he said incredulously.

"Um, well, talk to you later!" She waved a hand hurriedly then turned around and seemed to walk away from him into a mist. The last thing he remembers seeing is her braid, swinging back and forth behind her, before falls into a deep sleep."

~end dream sequence~

"Skye..." the elf mumbles quietly in his sleep.

ooc- pm Larry
Old 06-20-2004, 08:06 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quick DM add-ins.

Larry accepted the chance to take the chair and has fallen asleep easily. He will be quite difficult to wake up in the morning.

The others in the Necklace Team can continue doing whatever for the remainder of the night. I'll let you know when it is morning.

The Candle Team are on the midnight to 2am shift currently, and Roderik is the party's defender. If there is anything that Roderik and Silt need to get worked out, do so soon.

Now...

Nanashi

Before she saw them, she smelled them. There were people nearby. She slowed down, and asked the wind to tell her more about those who were close.

The winds brought her the scents of three humans, one being female, one elf, and another that she could not discern. When she got close enough, she could see them in the distance, apparently bedded down for the night. She did not have time to waste, playing with these however, and so decided to simply bypass them by walking around the camp. She picked her way stealthily around the camp, and when she was safe enough in distance, began again her run. As she ran, she checked the moon. It told her that the next night would be a full moon.

Candle Team

Silt, although it is not your watch, you nevertheless have sensed the tiger near the party, but she has moved on. You can draw mention of it if you choose.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:19 AM   #6
ArcadesSabboth
Manshoon

After basking in the faded sunlight, Arcades watches the stars, enjoying the sight of them that he missed in the forest. Turning his long neck around to see all the cats sleeping on his back after Kaylisa walks off with Liam, he decides to forgo hunting tonight and lays his head down. His breathing, while a bit loud, is somewhat hypnotic.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:23 AM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder 91/98

Resting peacefully in the enveloping bed, all that can be heard is the slight whisper of Vincents breathing being droned out by the cats puuring. After a few hours, Vincent snaps awake and looks around bewildered for a few seconds before shaking his head to clear the sleepiness from it. The cat remained motionless and sleeping. Looking at where the window should be, all he saw was the normal murkiness of night time. His elven vision at times a curse but most times a blessing helped him find his belongings and he slowly reassembled himself. The house was for the most part quiet so he assumed all the others had fallen asleep, he felt bad taking Liams bed for as long as he had, butit was so nice sleeping in a real bed. With a stretch he buckled his belt and resecured his weapons, and walked to the bed room door. Opening it slowly as to not make the normal squeak, he surveyed the area in front of him, The fire in the hearth crackled, and several cats were lying about. The room was lit in gold from the fire. Larry sat in a chair resting peacfully it would seem. Walking outside he saw Arcades resting as well. All for the most part seemed well. Sitting down in a chair on the porch he reached into a pouch and pulled out an oblong piece of wood. Unsheathing his dagger he began to quietly widdle away at the wood, enjoying the moment of peace.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:47 PM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Silt 80/80

Silt looked up, he had picked something up sub consciously, he looked around, scanning for it. There in the distance running at lightning pace was a tiger, and a fairly big one at that, although it didn't appear to be taking much notice of the his fellow companions, it looked as if it was more concerned with its path, where ever that may lead. Silt stored this information away, incase it was ever needed. But didnt utter a word of it, as he felt Roderik had been through enough this night, and he didn't want to alert his fellow companions, no, he would let them sleep on. There was no danger he decided.

ooc>> thats our shift done I think, unless Roderik wants to say anything? I will stay on for the next watch if you wish, but maybe the night has dragged out enough...
Old 06-21-2004, 05:22 PM   #9
dplax
Jack Burton

Andrion Wilgor 47/60

Andrion turned around still in his awake state. Although he had quickly become disinterested by Roderik's and Silt's actions he had had trouble falling to sleep. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. Silt and Roderik were still awake, although Andrion had not heard them speak for some time. Andrion stood up and streched his stiff legs for a moment.

"I can't sleep. What's the time?"
Old 06-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #10
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Silt 80/80

"Its nearly 2am, do you want to join us and take a turn at watch?"