Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2001, 12:08 PM   #1
mlrichman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is no way to rest in this game, but I've never had any trouble adventuring in the dark. Have you downloaded the patch?
mlrichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 05:46 PM   #2
Thry Cracix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I downloaded the patch, but the light adjustment and switch to softawre mode suggested in an earlierpost did not work for me. It was damn dark outside, especially in the shire area, and makes encounters with mantraps, um... challenging.

Maybe Erzebette's suggestion of not traveling to Shurugeon Ruins at night is the programmers' and Beta testers' way of telling you that they couldn't deal with the darkness either...

------------------
"I am Maximus Decimus Meridius
Commander of the Armies of the North,
and General of the Felix Legions.
Brothers, Remember that what you do in life shall echo through all Eternity.
Strength and Honor."
Thry Cracix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 06:15 PM   #3
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I soon gave up trying to travel anywhere in the dark time of the night, and it always seems to be dark because I can only meet NPCs, shop etc during daytime. This effectively reduces my playing time (and somewhat hinders my interest) to the game.

I also have the patch installed, it doesn't help a bit. This is something I will have to try to cope with and I certainly hope they fix it if there will ever be W&W2.

//Naw
naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 06:22 PM   #4
AliCat
Drow Warrior

My first time traveling through the shire was at night, and I had no idea what I was running into when I hit the mantraps. Couldn't see them, so I thought the ground was spewing all those fumes. Now I don't bother traveling that area at night until I'm sure I've done in all the local mantraps.

Any other area of the Gael Serran is relatively easy at night.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 02:04 AM   #5
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

I'm amazed that anyone will have made it to the 2nd town and beyond without running around in the dark. I had a very difficult time in the beginning also, but it was a bad monitor that made the night and dungeon experience so extreme. I don't know how you can test that out without buying a new monitor like I did, but I can say it made a world of difference in game play. With this monitor, I can adjust it so it's practically like daytime even at night. However, it's more fun to have some visual challenge for the nighttime, so let darkness fall in the Gael Serran! Happy hunting!

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote