Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2001, 01:47 PM   #1
Arundel Chichester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As the version of the game I have did not come with a paper version of the manual, and the on-line version requires you to scroll through the entire document to find what you need, I have a few questions that are bothering me.

-How does one use one's skills? For example, My rogue and warlock each have ancient lore skill, but I am not able to figure out how to identify something.

-Anyone know a link to a site with a run down of all the skills, and how to use each?

-Why does each one of my characters only receive 1 hp per level? They are all around level 12 now, and all of them only get 1 hp per level despite some having fortitudes up to 18.

Thanks for any tips.
Arundel Chichester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

First, have you been developing your Artifct skill? Ancient Lore is a "trait" that lets you study that skill, but you have to add points to the skill to develop it.

I could probably do a table of the skills, but I'll have to knuckle down to it. I think Rick's site http://www.volberding.com/WHints/ has some of those skills ????

The HP is determined by re-rolling the entire HP from the beginning with the new level added. If the HP you get is LESS than your current one, you get 1 point, otherwise, you get as many points added on that would bring you up to the new level. Relax, it all evens out in the long run.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 08-27-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 02:49 PM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Saz,

Thanks for the idea. I've added lists of Traits and Skills, descriptions, and some hints on how to acquire and train them. Here's the link.

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 02:30 PM   #4
rpeiper
Welcomed New User

What controls how many skill points and stat points you get on raising a level?
rpeiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 02:55 PM   #5
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

The number of Skill points (SP) is controlled by 3 things:
Your level, your Intelligence and your previous level.

Your Level: each level, you cannot get more skill points than your level. ie: level 1 = 1 SP, level 2 = 2 SP...

Your Intelligence: you can NEVER get more skill points than you Intelligence divided by 4. So, 1-7 Int = 1 SP, 8-11 = 2 SP, 12-15 = 3 SP, 16-19 = 4 SP, 20-23= 5 SP and 24 = 6 SP

Last, you can only get 1 SP when you change role until you reach you previous highest level. That means that if you were a lvl 12 wizard and you change to warlock, you'll only get 1 SP for each level up until you reach lvl 12 as a warlock.

Stats points are random. But, you will not get any stats point if: 1- you have 24 in all stats or 2- your current level is less than your highest level in another role.

BTW: welcome to the board and I hope that made sense.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 08-29-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 04:14 PM   #6
Greystone
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Stats points are random. But, you will not get any stats point if: 1- you have 24 in all stats or 2- your current level is less than your highest level in another role.
[/B]
This is not quite true: I have (not often mind, but a few times) received a single stat point when leveling up before reaching my previous max level (ex: Warrior 10 --> Barbarian, received extra stat point at level 4). However, Ryanamur is completely correct in all other regards.

--Greystone
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 04:55 PM   #7
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Greystone:
This is not quite true: I have (not often mind, but a few times) received a single stat point when leveling up before reaching my previous max level (ex: Warrior 10 --> Barbarian, received extra stat point at level 4).
Cool, that never happened to me

That raises the questions: are stats point allocated like HP? Which would mean that at a certain level you should have a minimum amount of Stat Point. If you don't, you get more.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 08-29-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:38 PM   #8
rpeiper
Welcomed New User

Thank you, that all made sense. And thank you for the welcome.

One quick clarification. You said no more skill points than your level, is that your current level, or the level you just attained. ie if I go from level 1 to level 2 can I get 1 or 2 skill points maximum? I am betting it is 2, because all my guys who just went from level 2 to level 3 got 2 skill points.

- Richard
rpeiper is offline   Reply With Quote